24hr cold crash long enough?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudini56

Reaction score
I am doing a 10 gallon brew in Saturday. And I made up a 1500ml stater of my conan. Last night I put 500ml aside in a mason jar, to use for my next starter. Been doing this a while now. But, then decided I didn't want to split batch with 2 different yeast.

So you think I would be OK if i made up another 1500ml starter and pitched in that yeast from my 500ml saved stash? Is it a long enough break for the little guys or am I pushing it?

So if I get this right, you want to pitch the yeast tomorrow? I'd just add the starter liquid to the beer. The yeast can't ferment the starter wort AND floc out in one day.

I have 1 starter i will pitch. I want to make another starter from 500ml I pulled off the original 1500ml. So I have 2 1litre starters. And save 500ml from the second to keep my conan going.

you don't need to decant a 1L starter, pitch the second one at high K, after taking your 500 ml and let this one finish. This is called a vitality starter and I've been doing this for a few batches and they take off in 4 or so hours.

Back