• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

North Dakota 240V Electric Brewing Controller - $250

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stainlessbrewer

Reaction score
SOLD
I had enough components left over from a previous parts orders for other brewing projects so I put together a simple single vessel 240V controller. All new parts. I used Auber PID and temp probe. Temp probe is 4" long and 1/4" NPT but I have included a silicone washer and stainless nut so it can be installed in kettle wall. PID has manual power output control capability as well as straight on/off mode. Element switch is a heavy duty double pole 30A model that cuts power to both hot legs of the 240V power going to the element for safety. There is a switch for PID power and pump power. Pump outlet will handle a single March or Chugger pump. I have built probably 15-18 controllers and test them thoroughly but proper safe operation is the responsibility of the buyer. Any electric brewing equipment should be plugged into a ground fault protected circuit.
Includes 10 gauge element power cord with 30A twist lock plug that I will include. Ready for your single vessel BIAB setup or controlling a single element in a bigger system. Power cord for controller is 6 feet long and has 4 prong 30A dryer plug but I will include the straight prong so it can be quickly changed to use in range outlet.

Just install temp probe in your kettle, get an element wired up, connect it up and run auto-tune.

I'm asking $240 shipped to lower 48 states. $220 if you are local to Grand Forks, ND and pick it up.

My cost of the individual components. . .
6x6x4 enclosure $14.00
Heat sink $20.00
PID $41.25
40A SSR $15.50
L6-30 Outlet $12.00
120V Outlet $6.00
Terminal Strip $8.00
Strain relief $3.00
6ft 10/4 service cord $14.00
Switches $5.00
30A DPST switch $50.00
Handles $3.00
Weldless temp probe $44.55
4ft 10/3 service cord $9.00
L6-30P plug $16.00

Total parts cost $261.30 not including shipping for items I had to order.

IMG_4667.jpg

IMG_4671.jpg

IMG_4688.jpg

IMG_4691.jpg

IMG_4692.jpg

Last edited:
Back