• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

North Carolina 240v BIAB System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poptarts

Reaction score
13 gallon kettle, with clamp lid
kettle has a 2" and 1.5" TC fitting on bottom and 2" tc fitting on lid. Lid has a gasket. Perfect vessel for indoor brewing, can easily attack a steam management system to it like the 'steam slayer' Basket was custom made and is 400 micron stainless that sits above the two ports on bottom so you can have the element maintain mash temps. Hot rod wired element, and additional wavy element included. (the straight one will need bent to fit (easy to do by hand if wanted)) or you can easily swap out the for the other ULWD element. Kettle is solid copper and looks amazing. Kettle can also be used as a still (make sure to check local laws as this is illegal in some states, depending on what you are trying to distill)

More photos here

Asking $400 for everything shipped!
AxpSE6e.jpg

q8d1hwj.jpg

Hi, I saw this on the Carolina Brewmasters FB page. I assume it's sold, since it's no longer there?

I do have a couple questions out of curiosity. On the 'more' pictures, what's the last picture? Is that a spigot that goes on one of the fittings, to pour wort into the fermenter when you're done?

Also, since I'm not good with the electric components - can the Hot Rod plug be swapped from the straight element to the wavy element, or would the wavy element need to be hooked up separately?

Last question - how strong are the handles on the baskets? If you have ~15 pounds of wet grain, can you hang the basket to from the handles (attached to a hook) to let the wort drip while bringing it to a boil? I currently tie my Wilser bag to a ladder to suspend it, but not sure how it works with a basket.

Hi, I saw this on the Carolina Brewmasters FB page. I assume it's sold, since it's no longer there?

I do have a couple questions out of curiosity. On the 'more' pictures, what's the last picture? Is that a spigot that goes on one of the fittings, to pour wort into the fermenter when you're done?

Also, since I'm not good with the electric components - can the Hot Rod plug be swapped from the straight element to the wavy element, or would the wavy element need to be hooked up separately?

Last question - how strong are the handles on the baskets? If you have ~15 pounds of wet grain, can you hang the basket to from the handles (attached to a hook) to let the wort drip while bringing it to a boil? I currently tie my Wilser bag to a ladder to suspend it, but not sure how it works with a basket.
Yes this sold yesterday actually. Cheers, thanks for the interest.

Back