• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New York 220v single vessel biab system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeysab

Reaction score
Since i've run out of time and interest to complete this system, i'm letting it go at a bargain. It's a 220 volt single vessel recirculating biab system. The bulk of the system is as follows.

20 1/2 gallon SS electric kettle with heating element and SS basket.
20 plate long duda diesel chiller
Stainless head chugger pump
220 v control box with temp sensor, temp control and pump control.
Custom maid mesh bag to fit the basket.

Those items were over $600. Also included are all electrical connectors and receptacles, 2 extra SS boxes if you wanna re configure the control panel, 2 SS 3 piece ball valves, 3 sets of SS cam locks, 2 sight glasses (one of which accepts the temp sensor for the temp controller), hi temp silicone tubing (enough to make this system run. Thats over $200 worth of equpment for this system to run. I'll also include 2 ball lock kegs if you come pick it up in Staten Island. Thats another $120 or so. I'll let it all go for $750. I'm only selling this together, as is. The system is not completely built. The controller is done but intested, and this system has never been used, as it is incomplete. The components are all there, it just needs a bit of work to finish it up. I'm in Staten Island, no shipping.

If you change your mind on splitting up I would take the chugger

Ok thanks for getting back. Keep me as first in line for the pump and chiller if system set up does not happen. Thanks

Sorry guys, been super busy the last couple days. I'll get some more pics up after work tomorrow.

What happened? You're so close I ran into a pretty big stall as well. Screw recirculating and just brew electric. run the 240 outside and brew outside. Sell the pump and for $100 or so you can make a 50 foot extension cord to brew inside if you want. Just thought I'd give you one last chance at motivation. I almost bailed too but when I saw my system heat 8 gallons of water in 12 minutes I knew it was worth it

I have the electric run already, gfci breaker and all. I think my issue is more with not having time to brew. I haven't brewed in over 2 years, mainly because dedicating a whole day to brewing instead of spending time with my kids bothered me. Aybe when theyre older and dont wanna spend time with me anymore, i'll get back into the hobby.

Lol! My son is 4 and he's getting there . Yeah I agree, I have two kids as well. I brew in three and a half hours and any longer makes me angry. With no chill I hope to be well under 3 hours. I posted my brew log from my first electric brew day if your curious. And somewhere else I started a thread about brewing quick which I don't think anybody commented on. I hate the word brew day and I've decided not to argue I do it in three and a half hours. Not a big trip to me. if I can help you in any way let me know.

I used to do split brew days. Mash and sparge at night, then boil and chill in the AM. But I habe to do that in the house and well, my wife has zero enthusiasm about me brewing in the house.

I just went back to extract brewing
Kids are happy and I still make beer

I just went back to extract brewing
Kids are happy and I still make beer

I would love too extract brew but it is pricey. I have had a few and they were good. I think extract is pricey though right? Want to brew super quick brew radio guys do a 15 min. pale ale. You don't need to boil extract as it was already boiled that is how its made and with enough hops you can bitter and flavor in 15 minutes. Steep as you bring to boil. Sorry im off topic as is my usual.

It's like 3 dollars more for a 5 gallon batch than all grain
Whenever I'm at my lhbs I do a price comparison

Go big. That's what I'm doing. Went from a single tier 10gallon all grain propane system to a 1bbl EBIAB system. The goal? To brew less due to health reasons. So in an easy brew day I can make 93 gallons of beer, 132 gal if I really push it.

That way I only have to brew one day every 3 or 4 months but still have plenty of beer.

Back