21 days at 70°F, time lapse vid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poindexter

Reaction score
This is why biermuncher is right. The recipe is very basic session, 1/2# Briess Crystal 40 mashed with 1/4 # malted wheat @150°F for 30 mintues, 4 ounces of EKG, 2 @(60), 1 @(30) and 1 @(0), 1/4 tsp Gypsum and 7# LME at flameout. Notti Yellow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool video, and even though your camera isn't up to par as you stated, the differences were obvious.

I have never had trouble with DMS with flameout adition of LME. I have had trouble with DMS mini-mashing Pilsner malt with boil times under 90 minutes.

Cool video! Good reference material for the noobs who bottle and drink at 7 days. Very informative.

That was really helpful. I've been wondering what has been going on with my carbonation. Now I don't need to wast 8 bottles to find out. You sacrificed your brew so we don't have to.

I opened one of my bottle at day 12 and had the same experience you did. Almost no bubbles in the beer. Good to know that this is normal. One question: Were all your beers at room temperature when you opened them?

citabria said:
That was really helpful. I've been wondering what has been going on with my carbonation. Now I don't need to wast 8 bottles to find out. You sacrificed your brew so we don't have to.

I opened one of my bottle at day 12 and had the same experience you did. Almost no bubbles in the beer. Good to know that this is normal. One question: Were all your beers at room temperature when you opened them?

Except for day 31, yes, all beers were at room temp when filmed.

On day 21 I did stick a couple in the fridge and they were better but not perfect yet. Then I took a _bunch_ of call and it was day 31 when I got around to taking hydro samples and so on through the current batches again.

The only reason ( I know of ) to even sample a bottled beer before day 21 is on or after day 14 to check for infection.

I always drink a 12oz. beer about a week after bottling. I wouldn't waste a 22 ouncer after a week, but heck it's just a 12oz. beer. It is part of my brew day ritual while waiting for the boil to get started.... having a toast to last weeks batch.

Thanks for taking the time to do this!
I've a batch of IPA thats been in the bottle for just over 2 weeks.
At the start they were at my room temp (about 66f) but now its been warmer and they've been at 70f for the last few days. We popped 1 beer a week since this is our first batch as we wanted to see how it all falls together. Very little if any carb probably due to the low temps at the start. Since it warmed up, yesterday, I took each bottle (have 52 left) and turned them upside down for a few seconds to get the yeasties back up. I think all should go well from here...

:mug:

I'm a nOOb, so this is one of those questions. Is that amount of head normal? I'm on my first batch, so I've never even had a homebrew before. Just curious.

why resist? I think this looks like an enjoyable experiment to duplicate myself.:mug:

I can never resist. But, mostly because I don't have enough bottles to keep me in good supply of brews. The best one is always the last. This makes me wonder. How many days should you wait if you force carb? Tax return season is right around the corner. (maybe 2 corners. lol)

Hey! Thanks poindexter for this video. As somebody mentioned earlier - this has savd me from having to do the exact same thing! Patience patience......

Are you guys in agreement that the gusher is from not being fully carbonated yet?

If so, I'm confused. Gushers come from, infections, bottling too early or over priming.

I've drank many a young beers and don't get gushers. Just flat beer little to no head.....

Back