2019: eKettle Recommendations.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muhteeus

Reaction score
Hey all,

Looking for recommendations on 3 Vessel eHERMS. I am looking for a 5 gallon setup, similar to what is used in Kal's "The Electric Brewery" I am building my panel at the moment, and my setup will run on BruControl.

My requirements would be.
  • 10gal BK - Ability to whirlpool. 1 Element, 1 Probe, hop filtration a plus
  • 15gal MLT - Ability to underlet grains, sparge arm, false bottom, large capacity for 10-12% brews. We max out our 10 gallon MLT now.
  • 10gal HLT - Herms coil, 1 Element, pretty standard.
  • I would prefer 1.5"TC connections, but they aren't required.

At the moment I am looking at:
Brew Built at BrewHardware.com ~$1500 with some extras (CAMLOCK, 3 PIECE VALVES)
10gal BK
15gal MLT
10gal HLT
Includes a sparge arm, elements, valves, false bottom....

I have also looked at:
Stout Tanks ~$1850
Spike Brewing ~$1900 ($1750 with 3rd party elements and fittings)
Blichmann and SSBrewTech are too proprietary for me. (See weird Boil Coil, Halo Coil, Premade PT100)

I am not necessarily opposed to drilling a vessel and installing fittings myself, but it would have to be substantially (30%+) cheaper than a purchased option.

Last edited:
For that kind of dough you can buy direct from sungood 15 gallon true slopped bottom, bottom draining kettles with tangical whirlpool port sight glasses and TC ports.
These are about the only true built for brewing and not repurposed soup kettle option Ive seen at this size.
I bought my 3 barrel kettles from sungood with accessories ($5995 + shipping and customs fees) Which saved me quite a bit vs going with a distributor. We just ordered 3 unitanks from him as well

you can contact Gavin directly at
[email protected] if your interested in a quote. It should be at least 35% cheaper than stout.

http://www.sungoodmachinery.com/
milk stout.jpg

For that kind of dough you can buy direct from sungood 15 gallon true slopped bottom, bottom draining kettles with tangical whirlpool port sight glasses and TC ports.
These are about the only true built for brewing and not repurposed soup kettle option Ive seen at this size.
I bought my 3 barrel kettles from sungood with accessories ($5995 + shipping and customs fees) Which saved me quite a bit vs going with a distributor. We just ordered 3 unitanks from him as well

you can contact Gavin directly at
[email protected] if your interested in a quote. It should be at least 35% cheaper than stout.

http://www.sungoodmachinery.com/View attachment 646412

Thank you! This is a huge help!

Back