2014 Southern Tier Brewing Gemini?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theck

Reaction score
Looking for a 2014 Southern Tier Brewing Gemini AG recipe, from what I am reading it's no longer blended... super good, not overly hoppy.

http://www.stbcbeer.com/gemini/

ABOUT THE BEER
STYLE: Super Hopped Ale
BREWED SINCE: 2014
ABV: 9.0%
FERMENTATION: Ale yeast, 6 varieties of hops, 4 varieties of malts.
COLOR: Deep copper
EFFERVESCENCE: Ample carbonation
NOSE: Piney, resinous
FLAVOR: Moderate sweetness from malts, heavy hop bite.
BITTERNESS: Very high
BODY: Light
SERVING TEMPERATURE: 40-45°F
GLASS: Favorite pint or snifter
CELLARING: 40-45°F

At Southern Tier Brewing Company, heavily hopped beers have been our calling card since Unearthly made its debut in 2006. Gemini is a super hopped ale with six varieties of hops blasting flavor and zapping bitterness in every direction.

Like a geminaut, this beer is two souls in one package; a bitter hop bomb on one side with sweet malts on the other. Travel high into the heavens!

Our art director teamed up with artist Christopher Balaskas to illustrate the Gemini label. See more of Christopher’s work here.

ABOUT THE NAME: We produced Gemini Blended Imperial Ale as a limited release for 4 years until it was discontinued in 2012. The name “Gemini” has deep meaning to us which is why we decided to let it fly one more time. The 2014 version is a brand new creation based on the body, mind and spirit of the original. This is a wholly new beer, but does nod back in time. We know you’ll find the new Gemini Super Hopped Ale to meet your lofty expectations associated with the namesake.

FOOD PAIRINGS: Very high bitterness accentuates spicy foods like Szechuan and Thai dishes, chicken wings. Try with smoked brisket, sharp and blue cheeses and sweet desserts

AVAILABILITY: limited releases, year round / 12oz (6pk and 24 bottle cases) / 1/2 keg, 1/6 keg

2014-03-23 18.06.22.jpg

I live 20 minutes from Southern Tier and frequent there often. I'm not sure when the last time was that I saw Gemini?

I live 20 minutes from Southern Tier and frequent there often. I'm not sure when the last time was that I saw Gemini?

They just put it back out. From what I understand it used to be blended but isn't? Great brewery btw... I live 20 mins from great lakes and would rather be by s. Tier.

Latest posts

Back