2012 hopstache black ipa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevo4361

Reaction score
Anybody else brew Midwest's Hopstache Black IPA this year? I thought it was excellent again, didn't tweak the recipe at all just followed kit directions for the most part. Different hops this year from last year, but I am enjoying it!

Anyone know what kind of yeast was used. I brewed this with the slap pack but forgot to wright down the yeast. I really liked the beer, SWMBO said i had to brew it again.

This probably isn't going to help you out much but I used the dry yeast which was US-05.

Cool thanks, I don't really have a preference on the dry or liquid or whatever. I defiantly want to make this beer again.

Cool thanks, I don't really have a preference on the dry or liquid or whatever. I defiantly want to make this beer again.

If the dry was US-05 you probably used 1056 or WLP001. You could always go to their website and look it up.

Very cool thanks. Hopefully brewing another batch soon, I really loved this beer.

I absolutely love this beer and it is by the far the best extract beer I've brewed yet! I didn't have the opportunity to sample 2012 or 2013 but the 2014 is phenomenal. I pitched a 2l starter of WPL001 at 65 degrees, oxygenated the wort with my new O2 system and fermented at 62 for the first three days then bumped up to 64 for the next two weeks. Dry hopped in primary for 10 days with the 2 oz of dry hops (Galaxy and Simcoe) included in the kit then bottled. The beer was carbonated after one week but the flavor really hit its peak about four weeks after bottling. This was my fist time dry hopping and brewing with WPL001 and I am stunned with the results. I truly feel this beer is better than anything else I've brewed and even though I'm a relative newbie to this hobby everyone who's tried this beer has loved it. I finally made a beer that I love:rockin:

Hey all- This was a great kit and it always turned out super tasty.
Now Im not finding the kit, would anyone have a recipe to put it together?
Thanks

Latest posts

Back