2010 Homebrewers Census

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cellardoor

Reaction score
I searched and didn't see this linked anywhere yet.

I haven't been as active on this site the last few months but have spent a lot of time over at BeerAdvocate as I've been working up my commercial cellar collection. Over there, about a month ago, there was an idea to conduct a homebrewers census and have some good concrete data as to how the community is distributed. The actual survey went live today and we are looking for as much participation as possible. It is a bit on the long side and takes about 10 minutes to fill out but it's filled with a lot of good questions. Please take the time to fill it out if you can.

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/270314/test-census

Thanks a lot!

I'll make sure to post the results in about two weeks when the survey is closed.

I filled it out, however its a shame that you dont have HBT as one of the brew forums....

Interested in seeing the results....

I filled it out, however its a shame that you dont have HBT as one of the brew forums....

Interested in seeing the results....

I agree! The guy that set it up only visits Beeradvocate and listens to The Brewing Network so the answers provided are a little biased. Nothing a write-in can't help.

I started filling it out, but it is so beer centric that I stopped. I don't use hops in my meads and the fields were required fields to boot. I don't want to put false info in and screw up the results.

Frankly, the homebrew forum at Beer Advocate is filled with EACs, imho. I left two years ago and haven't looked back.

I would think a much better venue or organization to mount this kind of survey would be the AHA or perhaps the big annual homebrew conference. Certainly not Beer Advocate.

Back