2 Stalled/ very slow Fermentations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twubs

Reaction score
I have two batches, a BB Holiday Brew and a BB Dunkleviezen in primary right now. I took starting gravity readings of .052 and .044 resepectively. Pitched the yeast and let it set for a week. They both did not get down to the recipe guidelines. They read at .026 and .022. I relsealed and let it have another week to do it's thing. Yesterday readings were at .02 and .018. With temperatures getting cooler out the house temp and bucket is around 68.

Any suggestions?

Do I move it into a smaller room and try to warm it up to 72? Do I repitch? Do I just let it sit?

Thanks,
Rick

I have two batches, a BB Holiday Brew and a BB Dunkleviezen in primary right now. I took starting gravity readings of .052 and .044 resepectively. Pitched the yeast and let it set for a week. They both did not get down to the recipe guidelines. They read at .026 and .022. I relsealed and let it have another week to do it's thing. Yesterday readings were at .02 and .018. With temperatures getting cooler out the house temp and bucket is around 68.

Any suggestions?

Do I move it into a smaller room and try to warm it up to 72? Do I repitch? Do I just let it sit?

Thanks,
Rick

Oh, 68 degrees is perfect so that is fine. Since it's dropping, it's still finishing, so I would just let it sit until the SG doesn't change any more. What kind of yeast did you use?

Patience.....Your yeast knows what it needs to do...just let it finish out...

You could consider giving it a gentle swirl to re-rouse any slow yeast...but other than that I wouldn't re-pitch or anything.

Will check the yeast types when I get home. Don't know off hand.
Will give it some more time and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice.

Back