2 gallon batches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am buy ingredients and go from scratch on the next brew I totally agree! I like to cook as well ( mainly on the grill ) but I am going to find a brew that sounds good and scale it down so I have that sense of accomplishment. This beer came with my fermentor I think it was a good way to get my feet wet so to speak.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Home Brew mobile app

Definitely a good idea to do the kit once to learn the mechanics. It would be a good idea to find a brewing calculator (there are a few pretty good free online ones and some great pay-for ones). They'll help a lot checking recipes for ABV, bitterness and color.

I brew both 5 gallon and 1-2 gallon batches. My 5 gallon batches are usually known good recipes I want to have around and enough to give to family and friends. My 2 gallon batches are the fun ones. I've been doing AG smash brews in it and I'm about to try a oatmeal milk stout. It's nice because it's small and like it was said before, it's easier to 21 average beers than 64 :)

Money wise I think per capita it's cheaper to do 5 gallons but I like the versatility of doing both.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Money wise I think per capita it's cheaper to do 5 gallons but I like the versatility of doing both.

True, definitely cheaper. I'm going smaller cuz I want to brew more often and I can crank out a 2-2.5 gallon batch in 3 hours. Its not hard when you get get from sparge temp to boiling in <5minutes. I can do minimash with extract in 2 hours.
Keg carbonate, drink half or most, depending on mood and schedule. When the next batch needs the keg, I'll bottle what's left in there. Maybe 6-8 bottles.

True, definitely cheaper. I'm going smaller cuz I want to brew more often and I can crank out a 2-2.5 gallon batch in 3 hours. Its not hard when you get get from sparge temp to boiling in <5minutes. I can do minimash with extract in 2 hours.
Keg carbonate, drink half or most, depending on mood and schedule. When the next batch needs the keg, I'll bottle what's left in there. Maybe 6-8 bottles.

See I only drink but maybe 1-2 beers a day if I have no company, if I do maybe 6 pack will go fairly quick. I am trying to get a couple of buddies into brewing.... They say they don't have the time . I say well what about Sunday come on people ! ! I would like to get a local brew club goin

I'm in the same boat. Its only me drinking. Wife doesn't drink, friends are to busy to come often enough, so I'm at 1-2/day for 5 days a week. 2 gallons still goes on two weeks.

I'm in the same boat. Its only me drinking. Wife doesn't drink, friends are to busy to come often enough, so I'm at 1-2/day for 5 days a week. 2 gallons still goes on two weeks.

If you brew a 5 gallon a month that is almost 600 beers a year who can drink that much ? Not me 2.5 gallon a month seems good by me maybe 2 batches a month in the summer. I seem to drink more in the summer ( I love beer while I grill ) I bottled my first batch today. Gonna let carbonate for around 7 days and bottle condition for a while in the fridge. And see how it is tastes!!

My brew buddies and I have a nice system. If I brew, they can come over, help, and take a share. But, when they brew, same goes for me. Let's us buy what we want but we get a nice variety throughout the year.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

If you brew a 5 gallon a month that is almost 600 beers a year who can drink that much ? Not me 2.5 gallon a month seems good by me maybe 2 batches a month in the summer. I seem to drink more in the summer ( I love beer while I grill ) I bottled my first batch today. Gonna let carbonate for around 7 days and bottle condition for a while in the fridge. And see how it is tastes!!

600 beers a year is less than 2 a day. I make a 5 and 2 gallon batch every month. I do give some away and the swmbo gets her small share leaving me to drink a good number. 600 a year would be me cutting back &#127867; :)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I saw those 2 gallon fermenters from Demon Brew months ago. Wrote to them to get size and never heard from them so I stayed w/my 2 gallon paint buckets from HD. :)

I saw those 2 gallon fermenters from Demon Brew months ago. Wrote to them to get size and never heard from them so I stayed w/my 2 gallon paint buckets from HD. :)

Nice, I have a few of those too!

I ended up buying two, 3 gal,glass carboys. Nice for 2.5 gal batches.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Yeah, its odd they call it 2 gal. Its 3 gal but *intended* for 2 gal batches.

It doesn't need to seal. You're just trying to keep bacteria and wild yeast from floating in. Keep in mind purely open fermentation is done all the time by pros and some homebrewers. The krausen protects the beer for the most part.

Well from what I have experienced from demon brew has been good. They made a mistake with my first order and they made it right gave me a bubbler upgrade. They have a number on there website that's how I contacted them I prefer that over email but that's just me

I had one of these brew demon conical fermenters. I used it 3 times, and the plastic around the spigot cracked. Its very thin. Had to drive to 2 LHBS to find a better bottle to replace it, as I had already started racking. I was a little frustrated and took it out on the weak little fermenter, otherwise I'd have pictures to share.

Latest posts

Back