2 chest freezer both fail during move?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sickbrew

Reaction score
So I recently moved and in doing so both of my chest freezer used for homebrew apparently died. I use a John Control regulator on both of them and while they both run, neither chest freezer gets cold, with the exception of small spot near the real top. Can also hear a bit liquid gurgling. They were both older units and perhaps all that on off for temperature regulation finally killed them. It's too coincidental to think moving them didn't have something to do with it, right? I've plugged them both in directly to the wall to no avail. I've heard that new compressors are more than the usual price for a used unit.

Any other ideas before they get scrapped.

Did you lay them over on their sides during the move? They don't like that when you do that to them.

No, I took good care of them and they were both upright during the move. In fact the move was only about 10 miles!

how long did you wait to plug it back in? with excessive moving (not just the move, but moving the freezers around) you usually want to wait at least 24 or so hours to let the gasses/liquid settle back down

For both them I did plug them in right away, I assumed that would be best and at the end of a move day, I guys gotta have some cold brew.

I do hear the compressors running but they do not get cold.

Any other troubleshooting ideas?

Thanks

I did try that but no luck. I'm about ready roll them each over and then give em a try. If that doesn't work....?

Latest posts

Back