2.5 gal Corney Keg stacker for use in keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kupermanp

Reaction score
So I've recently switched from 5gal brews to 2.5 gal brew to increase variety. Unfortunately I have learned that you can't stack the 2.5gal kegs while it is tapped without some sort of leak due to pressure on the connections.

I'm using the adventures in homebrewing 2.5 gal kegs which are 14.5" tall, 8.25" diameter. I have four inches of clearance at the top. Looking at the kegs it looks like I only need a couple of inches in height to clear the conectors, but it will need to be mostly cut out to accommodate a variety of line positions.

Rather than reinvent the wheel. Has anybody built a DIY keg stacker. I'd be willing to buy one if its not too dear as I've never been the greatest at cutting circles freehand :)

Thanks
K

Since you have some vertical room, why not just use a couple of very short pieces of 2x4 to raise the top keg enough above the bottom keg to allow for the connections?

You could add a couple legs to the 2x4's so they don't slide off, connecting them across the top of the keg.

To elucidate, as they say: Cut 2 pieces of 2x4's whose length is the diameter of the keg. Lay them on the handles, then connect them to each other with something--threaded rod, whatever--so they leave the space open above the posts. Then use something at the corners that drops down far enough to prevent this "raiser" from sliding off the bottom keg. 16-penny nails would do it, or 1/4" long bolts, or anything for that matter.

Thanks. I realized this exact idea right after I finished the post. I'll let you know how it works

K

I used a couple of 2x2's which I notched to fit the handle and it worked fine. The only issue that I can see is the wood may absorb moisture and mold as the keezer can get damp on occasion but nothing a coat of paint wouldn't fix

K

I used a couple of 2x2's which I notched to fit the handle and it worked fine. The only issue that I can see is the wood may absorb moisture and mold as the keezer can get damp on occasion but nothing a coat of paint wouldn't fix

K

I'd spray them w/ polyurethane. But it sounds like the answer to your question.

Latest posts

Back