2 1/2 Gallon Batches don't last long!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I really need to get my apartment brewing system down pat. My last batch, a brown ale was so good it brought tears to my eyes. Well the tears really started flowing when I blew the keg the other night. I thought I had much more left. Now I am out of home brew and I won't brew again until next week.
I think it is time to step up my game and brew more frequently. :ban:

I brew in spurts. Every 3-4 months I'll do a batch every few days. Start with some big stuff and work my way down to the little guys. Everythign finishes up around the same time and I've got plenty of beer until my next run.

I. Rew at least 5 gallons a week, some weeks more. I'm brewing all the beer for our upcoming wedding, half the batch gowns to te wedding, the remaining view to me. Sadly, this is not enough to support my habit as well as stick enough wedding beer in the "wedding beer stock"

It seemed like the only time I had "enough" was last year when I was brewing 5 gallons twice to three times a week (working overnight and mashing in when I got home). Now I'm working daytime hours I'm lucky to get 10 gallons in a month...

I also brew 2.5 gal batches. I have 5 kegs I keep in a rotation and usually don't fall behind if I brew a batch every other weekend. There are some times when I need to brew a double batch to catch up but not very often.

I finally got to brew on Sunday after like 6 months I'm trying to convince swmbo to let me brew again the week after bottling :D

I started on 2.5 gallon, because I only had a 2 gallon pot. Now I brew 5 gallon on a 20 gallon pot. I can knock one of them over in a week without any effort. ten gallon batches are not far off. just got to finish my fermentation room.

I can't keep up either and I am doing 5 gallon brews every dry three weeks would brew more but the wife is complaining.:eek:

I brew 4 gallon batches and it's enough for me. But yes, brew more often! Brewing is awesome and fun. I brew at least every other week, sometimes every week, sometimes twice a week. Like when I'm trying to build my stock up a little more, I'll brew a couple times a week. Sometimes I'll have a couple kegs kick at once, so that means I need to have beer ready to go in the kegerator and get carbonated. Unfortunately I don't have a second setup for lagering/carbonating...someday I will.

I'm easing myself back into brewing after a several year hiatus. I now have a 3 gallon keg (I hate bottling), so I am also doing 2.5 gallon batches or 3 gallon "full boils." I've only completed one 2.5 gallon batch so far due to responsibilities, but at least I'm currently enjoying it. It turned out great. Can't wait to get the next batch started. If only I knew when that was. :)

Back