1st Year Indoor Hop plants help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinqnew

Reaction score
Hey there guys!

7vNI80c.jpg

I'll try to get more pictures of the leaves up closer... but I wanted to ask just for some general tips if you have any for reasons of hop plant leafs shrivelling and drying out a bit. I THINK it was from lack of water for a few days... but just wanted to make sure it was that cause. Do they have a maximum temperature they hate as well? I am growing them indoors 20 floors above ground level. I don't think thats the issue since they do love full sunlight. My apartment is essentially acting as a greenhouse, and being 20 floors up its essentially sealed off from the outdoor pests/environment that plants normally have to deal with, so its a somewhat perfect sterile environment to grow plants. Humidity is around 40-50% and I have them facing the morning sun.

Also do you know if there's any way of telling if they're male or female early on? Or just wait for the flowering... All my seeds have come from germany so far, as far as knowing what type of hop plant they are.

I think it's just water. I frequently see such issues when I forget to water with mine, don't worry they recover fine.

I'm not aware of any means of sexing it until it flowers, which can take a while, like about a year.

Back