1st time kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bn163

Reaction score
Probably kegged my pale ale too soon (two weeks after brewing). Beer tastes young/green, & was wondering if it will continue to condition after force carbonation & storage in fridge at ~45F? Not as concerned about the carbonation affecting the conditioning of the beer as I am the cool temperature.

Also, the beer appears light in color. More like a blonde than a pale ale. It is an all grain kit from Northern Brewer. Is there anything I could have done to affect the color? I can't think of anything except if my OG were low (if beer was diluted with too much water). My OG was good at 1.050 (about 5 points higher than the recipe called for).

Thanks for the help.

b

Probably kegged my pale ale too soon (two weeks after brewing). Beer tastes young/green, & was wondering if it will continue to condition after force carbonation & storage in fridge at ~45F? Not as concerned about the carbonation affecting the conditioning of the beer as I am the cool temperature.

Also, the beer appears light in color. More like a blonde than a pale ale. It is an all grain kit from Northern Brewer. Is there anything I could have done to affect the color? I can't think of anything except if my OG were low (if beer was diluted with too much water). My OG was good at 1.050 (about 5 points higher than the recipe called for).

Thanks for the help.

b

1. Yes, your beer will continue to condition, but much slower...warmer temperatures=faster conditioning, cooler temperatures=slower conditioning.

1a.
Not as concerned about the carbonation affecting the conditioning of the beer as I am the cool temperature.
- I have no clue what the FU¢K you are talking about, lol.

2. American Pale Ale style guidelines state that the color can be as low as 5-14SRM, and a Blonde falls between 3-6SRM, so if it looks Blonde, then you are probably at the upper limit of the Blonde SRM, and the lower limit of the APA style.

Flavor will make the biggest distinction between the two styles with the APA being much more hoppy and clean, a zBlonde will be sweeter and fruity with less pronounced hop flavor and aroma.

So even if it looks like a blond, and isn't quite as copper as an APA,it is still considered within style.

Back