1st time belgin wheat recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birds40

Reaction score
After brewing a few batches from kits I decided to try to make my own recipe. I want to make a Belgian wheat and after reviewing a few recipes that I found online and reading about some different hops this is what I came up with:

60 min boil with the DMEs, adding the Hallertau Hops and honey with 45 min left, the Ahtanum hops and sweet orange peel with 15 min left and the coriander/gop with 5min left. I'm planning on kegging and force carbonating.

Ahtanum Hops (US) - 1oz. Pellets
Hallertau Hops (US) - 1oz. Pellets
Muntons Light DME 3 lbs
Muntons Wheat DME 3 lbs
Sweet Orange Peel - 1 oz
1 lbs. Orange Blossom Honey
1 oz Coriander
1 oz Grains of Paradise
Safbrew WB-06 (Wheat Beer) - Dry Yeast (11.5 gram)

5 gallons

I would appreciate some comments/tips/advice from some more experienced brewers. Thanks!

:mug:

I usually use no more than 1/4 tsp for gop; not sure how that translates to ounces. 1 oz gop seems a bit too much, seeing as it is a rather powerful addition. Can you get a dry Belgian strain, such as safbrew s-33? Depending upon how big you want it, you may want to add some candi sugar or some other specialty grains, such as Belgian biscuit.

Thanks for the advice on the gop. I already ordered that yeast but I'm going to check my local home brew store to see if I can find a Belgian strain

Latest posts

Back