1st slow chill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnsen

Reaction score
ok....tomorrow is going to be my 1st no chill brew...I have been thinking about this for a while...question...seeing how I am going to let this sit on my stove overnight (covered with star san soaked paper towel wrapped around the lid of course) do you guys leave the hops in the wert as welll?...also a first is using hop bags for easy removal, it just takes way too long to chill after the boil, even with my immersion chiller (the wasp)and the idea of a real wert starter sounds like a good idea....so any thoughts?........thankx ....Tom

So, if I understand this correctly, your immersion chiller takes too long to chill your wort, so you want to try the no chill method? Why does it take long to chill with the chiller? I know people use this method, but not for what I am reading here. Did I not read this right?

thats right dkeller....tired of waiting around 1hr to chill 5 gallons, ill spring for a new chiller soon...just wanted to try this

Sounds like a plan. Just be careful with late addition hops as they will become early addition hops and add to the bitterness of the beer.

Yes I have to try this....question to anybody who has tried this..do I remove my hop bags for the 24 hr chill?

Back