1st keggle attempt. Dip tube question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satyrbassist

Reaction score
Hey everybody! I'm making my first keggle and I'm excited as hell! So of course I'm reading everything I can before I start throwing sparks. My question is concerning the dip tube. Most builds I see have the copper tube coming straight in then angling straight down to the center if the keg. However I have seen it mentioned that bending the tube toward the inside wall before the downturn will seriously cut down on trub and floaties. Is it worth the extra step? Or should I just do the simple 90 and be done with it? Sorry if this is a newb question I'm missing. Cheers!

I've always used a side pickup tube on the BK so I can't say for sure how well a center one would work. I use center on my MT, but when you whirlpool there is definitely a lot of trub that collects in the middle, so to me it always made sense to pick up from the side. I guess it depends on your design, but it's usually not much extra effort to pull from the side.

Back