1st beer drank... results

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithnick0

Reaction score
Brewers best imperial blonde ale. Boiled partial boil. Sat in primary for 4 weeks. Been bottled for 3 weeks today. Stick one in fridge last night to try. When I opened there was a little siss. Taste strong which it is supposed to be, but it tasted more hoppy than I expected. How will the taste change or will it not anymore?

ForumRunner_20110519_213607.jpg

The hoppy taste will diminish a bit over time. Are you sure it's done carbonating? You said it didnt hiss much and there doesnt look to be much foam on top. Did it pour with any head to it?

The 3 weeks seems to be the minimum to let bottle condition. The longer the better is what I've read here.

trevor_b said:
The 3 weeks seems to be the minimum to let bottle condition. The longer the better is what I've read here.

Ditto, especially with imperials...will only get better with some time (and hops will diminish, as said)

Back