1st AG as we speak!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmuir

Reaction score
Well I took the plundge today trying my 1st AG, Yoopers Cream Ale. It is in the tun now and I was so proud tha I nailed my mash temp until SWMBO said dont you need the rest of the grain in that bag? I had put 1/2 in and added water then put the rest of the water in and , took the temp and just thought I was the cats a$$. Sooo I added the rest of the grain and a touch of boiling water and the saga continues.

Well so far so good wert is sweet :). I have a long boil as I have around 7 gal. Need 5.5. Is really cool though how this whole thing works.

I wouldn't be surprised if you boiled that down to 5.5 in an hour. I wouldn't boil it too much longer than the 60.

Thanks, when I did kits I kept it at a mild boil. I am letting this rock and roll.

40 min left.

Ok all done ! Had about a quart too much wert but final grav was 1.048 after boil..that's right ,right? Tasted it as it went into primary and it was FANTASTIC. Total time was 5 hrs....long day.

Back