15 Gallon BrewBuilt Kettle Pickup Tube abd Boilcoil Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoffm33

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have the 15 gal BrewBuilt Kettle and a Blichmann Boilcoil, what would you recommend for a pickup tube? Morebeer recommended the Big Dipper but it's out of stock everywhere I've looked. Anyone have this setup that can recommend the right pickup configuration?

Just installed the brew hardware pick up tube on my 22 gallon brewbuilt kettle, couldn't fit any better.

Attachments

• 20190528_173353.jpg
    20190528_173353.jpg
    825.1 KB · Views: 63
Looks good. Love mine. Do you have yours literally touching the bottom of the kettle (angled of course)? Curious if I'd have better recirculation flow rate if it weren't. Seems like it may be restricted somewhat.

Looks good. Love mine. Do you have yours literally touching the bottom of the kettle (angled of course)? Curious if I'd have better recirculation flow rate if it weren't. Seems like it may be restricted somewhat.

Since the tube is cut squarely, it can't be restrictive. I have messed around with angled cuts to get closer but you'd never want the angle to match the bottom of the pot perfectly.

Since the tube is cut squarely, it can't be restrictive. I have messed around with angled cuts to get closer but you'd never want the angle to match the bottom of the pot perfectly.

By "angled" I meant the positioning of the tube opening was at an angle and not perpendicular to the kettle bottom. Excuse my crude drawings but would the first image (how I have it) have worse flow rate than the second image?

fryCMpA.jpg
jYAUqVI.jpg

Back