• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

15 gal brew kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCubbyHole

Reaction score
I'm looking to spend around 250 on a 15 gal brew kettle with welded couplers (preferably sight glass, valve and thermometer). Let me know what you all have.

I have two;

One is a 50L with a sight glass, stainless ball valve, thermometer, and dip tube.

The other is a 15.5 gallon with a stainless ball valve, sight glass, and dip tube.

They are all weldless though.

image-1364022952.jpg

I see your in IL. I have a 25 gallon kettle I could part with. It doesn't have the site glass or therm set up, but it's got 2 brass weldless valves. You can get the weldless site glass/therm set up for $45 from a number of online stores. Here's a pic of the pot and the placement of the valves.

20130706_102616 (1).jpg

$160 for either. That's less than i have put into them, but when you factor in shipping, you could build one yourself for less.

I am wondering do you need the kettle urgently ? If not ,I can make one for you with sight glass, valve and thermometer.ask for $265, not including shipping. what do you think?

brew kettle.jpg

Its not super urgent. About how much for shipping and what's the quality like? Also I wouldn't need the actual valve because I already purchased on (although in the picture you have those look like tri clamp fittings in which case I think the I'd rather have the Teri clamps Haha)

$250.00 ship to IL.It is made in China. 100% Stainless Steel 304 Construction. One year quality guarantee.A lots of America guys purchased before.what's the valve size you purchased,3/4"? If you do not need valves, will reduce $15.00. so total price is $500.00 what do you think?

The $250 shipping is just too much. I was hoping to spend around $250 total. Thank you for the offer though. They look very nice.

OP, amazon has Concord 15 gallon brew kettles for $103 shipped right now.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085ZODVO/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

You save a decent amount by buying this and just get a couple holes drilled in it and adding the features you'd like. I think you wrote you wanted therm, site glass, and valve right?

Weldless site glass and therm valve kit: http://www.bargainfittings.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=46&product_id=83

(2) Bulkhead for the weldless kit: http://www.bargainfittings.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=46&product_id=91

Thermometer: http://www.bargainfittings.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=50&product_id=154

SS ball valve: http://www.bargainfittings.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=53&product_id=234

All those totaled are less then $100 and you should be under that with shipping also. Now all you need to do is drill a couple holes. You'd save about $50 or a bit more. Now....I can drill another hole in mine and you can subtract the cost of the other couple things and we can put it together if you'd like :mug:. Just trying to help.

Edit: I know you wrote welded...but that might for sure get expensive as you've seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing is, for now I will be doing 5 gal batches. A 25 gal pot is way over kill and probably wouldnt even be measurable in a sight glass haha. I was looking for a 15 because it will work for both 5 gal and 10 gal batches

Yep. For 5 gallon batches it's too a little big. But, it works great for my 10 gallon batches. If I had to go back, I'd probably get the 20 gallon pot for the sole reason of the hot break and hop addition foaming. If your in the Chicago area and go the route I described above, I could probably find someone to drill the valve holes and such...if you already don't know someone.

I've got a 15.5 gallon Bayou Classic, with lid and basket. Weldless sight glass and thermometer, and ball valve with bulkhead. Lid has a return port in it.

The only thing is there is a welding spud for a water heater element and a ground lug silver soldered on. You looking to go electric?

Shipping from PA may suck, too.

I'd go $150 plus shipping. I can send pics tonight after work, if you're interested. Email would be easier for pictures, so PM or email me (andrew at ajbarnett dot com) your address.

Bump. Still looking for a kettle that has at least some if not all the following characteristics:
15 gallon size (no bigger but will consider 10 gallon size)
Sanitary welded ports (will consider weldless but prefer welded)
Sight glass (nearly a must, unless the price is right for a kettle without one)
Something with a dip tube and thermometer would be nice but not necessary

I have a 15 gallon pot with brewhardware.com weldless sightglass/thermometer (Blichmann installed), 2 piece SS ball valve with weldless fitting and copper diptube. Lid included.

$185 + shipping

I have a 15 gallon pot with brewhardware.com weldless sightglass/thermometer (Blichmann installed), 2 piece SS ball valve with weldless fitting and copper diptube. Lid included.

$185 + shipping

Pictures? What brand is the kettle itself?

Have none of the other offers that posted really not worked out? At this point, I'd say just buy the pot off of Amazon and do it yourself :)

I can fabricate you a Keggle, TIG welded, no shipping. You pick up. I live on the southside of Chicago. PM me your number if your interested.

Back