• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

14g SS Conical Fermenter $5000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranger9913

Reaction score
Would anyone really buy this?

While appreciate the design and apparent quality, I can't think of any home brewers or professionals that would drop 5k on a 14 gallon fermenter.

they apparently just sold their prototypes (5 of them) for 2500 bucks. Not sure why one of them now is going for 2500....

Wow, that's gorgeous. I can several features which would raise the price, namely the glycol cooling/insulation and the fact the dome is machined in rather than ring sealed to allow low pressures, but I don't know how that equates to $1500 more than the most expensive competition. Most brewers are more interested in paying for function than pretty. And I think that's what you're paying for here... that, or they'll need to streamline their production to bring that cost down to reason.

Drool!

For that money I'd go to Siebel and ferment in a sanke.

Hmmm, looks like I'm half way there with two sankes.

I myself am working on a jacketed conical and bright tank in the 7-25 gallon range. I'm leaning heavily on functionality not bling factor. To each their own....

It's got a dent in it too

Adds character.

To be fair, it's not really comparable to the stout tanks conical, since this one is double walled stainless, as opposed just putting a standard conical in a jacket. But that price is just loony. I'm guessing they just want to make their money back on it, since building single prototypes are expensive, but...

There is no market for this product at that price point IMHO. You can buy 7bbl fermenters in the probrewer classifieds at the BIN price. It is beautiful, buy you might as well start saving to go pro at that price.

Now I get the price... I looked at other recent sales and it looks like a college grad selling off their books and computer. I'll chalk it up to inexperience and trying to pay off college loans. :)

There is no market for this product at that price point IMHO. You can buy 7bbl fermenters in the probrewer classifieds at the BIN price. It is beautiful, buy you might as well start saving to go pro at that price.

I think it's pretty clear that it's not marketed to those looking for form, but those who have money to spend.

They were first posted on Pro Brewer. When they first went up myself and a few others kind of gave them more then our $.02 on the build and the price they were asking. The next day all our postings were removed. LOL.

They look nice and all but not for that kind of money.

FSR402 said:
They look nice and all but not for that kind of money.

Haha, yeah. Can snag TWO jacketed and controlled 27 gallon conicals from Morebeer for their asking price. Without dents. And THOSE are overpriced!

Back