• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New York 14 gallon SS BrewTech BME Chronical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevKev

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Asking 700$ you pickup, negotiable but not crazy.. I do not need to sell it.

Delivery, by me, is available to local areas of WNY and will be subjective and at extra cost, which will be negotiable by PM. If you want it shipped I have the original box and you are responsible for the cost by whatever carrier you wish, PM for details.

I am including a set of SS Brewing casters alongside of all original accessories and a Norcal Brewing Solutions 3" Tri-Clover SS Blow Off tube (22$ retail)

Original accessories include:
(2) 1.5" tri-clover butterfly valves with racking arm the included one
(1) 1.5" tri-clover 90 degree pipe
(3) 1.5" tri-clover clamps
(3) 1.5" tri-clover gaskets
(1) Weldless sampling ball valve
(1) LCD thermometer (new battery) with weldless thermowell
(1) Weldless side mount chiller coil
(1) 3" tri-clover lid with hose barb and PRV
(1) 3" tri-clover clamp
(1) 3" tri-clover gasket
(4) Threaded feet
(1) Unused neoprene jacket for chronical, never installed

Original box will also be included.

I originally purchased this in September of 2016, purchase price was 775$ its since dropped to 729$. With the additional 45$ casters and 22$ blow off tube, cost to me in todays market would be 796$ without tax.

If you are interested I will post photos, not posting them unless asked, only used this for 2 batches.

Located about five minutes from University at Buffalo North Campus.

Cheers,
Kevin

Pretty sure the retail price of the unit has actually gone up to 779, just purchase one a couple weeks back. Good stuff, I'd take this one too if it were local to me

Direct from SS or MoreBeer MSRP since UniTanks have been released went down to 729$. I did see one store that is charging the cost you said but only thought fair to charge based upon manufacturers MSRP. Still available

Since you don't need to sell this thing, would you mind giving us your honest opinion on this thing? I'm in the market right now for some new stainless but with the myriad of options, I'm not sure which way I'm going.

Sure! I always try to be honest, it's a great little unit. Jumped right in to this and I wish I did have fully welded fittings. That is my only quarrel besides now seeing unitanks that can naturally carbonate.. the 5PSI working pressure of this makes that difficult in a short period of time.

I'm debating staying with it and getting the FTSs heating and cooling so I can crash and use the killer chiller coil. You do not need to remove these for cleaning. If you want I would do it every five batches. When I tried to dump trub on the last batch the cake was packed hard and didn't work so hot but I think operator error. I don't regret it

I've been thinking about getting one of these lately. I will be up in forestport next week, thats still at least a 3 hour drive to Buffalo though.... oh decisions

Sure! I always try to be honest, it's a great little unit. Jumped right in to this and I wish I did have fully welded fittings. That is my only quarrel besides now seeing unitanks that can naturally carbonate.. the 5PSI working pressure of this makes that difficult in a short period of time.

I'm debating staying with it and getting the FTSs heating and cooling so I can crash and use the killer chiller coil. You do not need to remove these for cleaning. If you want I would do it every five batches. When I tried to dump trub on the last batch the cake was packed hard and didn't work so hot but I think operator error. I don't regret it

Another question, you touched on it briefly. I can see that there are some fittings that are weldless, what about the TC fittings down at the bottom and on the side of the cone, are those weldess also? The feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Not sure why someone would offer you above asking price when in fact they could buy brand new for less....Am I missing something?

Well. Technically just the chronical yes but not with accessories, they wanted all my TC alongside of what I offered so they technically cannot. But fell through

Back