14.5 smokey moutain to small??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONNYROTTEN

Reaction score
We're buying a smoker as soon as I get some feedback.Its looks like the smokey mountain line is the one lots use with great reviews.For the most part it will just be my wife and myself but will be a hit at parties (maybe 2 parties a year).I read the 18 vs 22 thread but haven't seen any mention of the 14 for a $100 less. Anyone use the 14" one?? Total noob at smoking,never done it.http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...4BPZ_on4i6NjVAf4cN6Fpg&bvm=bv.121070826,d.dmo

From the Amazon reviews, it seems like it works as well as the larger versions. You'll have to cut rib slabs in half or brisket into pieces to fit, of course, but that's not the end of the world.

I've got it. I roll racks of ribs and seems like i could fit at least six on it that way, probably more with a rib rack. I haven't done a large full brisket, just a smaller flat, but with pork shoulder and brisket, you can fit a very large amount of food on it.

I'm in a similar situation as you, just my wife and I here. I haven't cooked with it for a party yet, but when i did pork shoulder, we had food for several days. :)

We bought the 14" one.Have it set up and ready to roll.With the two racks this would easily feed a family of four.Aside from a big party I cant see this ever not being big enough.

Back