• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Iowa 120 Gallon Stainless Mixing Tank (future kettle)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

314alias

Reaction score
I have a large ~120 gallon tank in fair condition. Before I put too much work into adding triclamps or other fittings, making it a true beer brewing kettle, I wanted to see if there was any interest.

I am wanting $750 OBO. I haven't cleaned it since it was obtained from a family member who had it stored away for some unknown farming/dairy use.

It would make a great boil kettle for someone looking to scale up. Legs are a little rusty but all the stainless is in good condition minus a few dents and scratches. With a little work it would be a nice entry level piece of equipment.

Located in southeast Iowa. Would like pickup only, but buyer can obviously work out shipping arrangements.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1492270976.316036.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1492271011.479200.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1492271024.535126.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1492271041.716444.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1492271055.080931.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1492271066.152125.jpg

Apparently no interest at a $750 price point.
Lower the price and a fish might bite.
Keep in mind that 120 gallons is way too big for the bulk of homebrewers and way too small for commericial brewers.
(which means that you have a limited target audience)
I personally can't afford to upsize right now even if you were asking much less for the kettle. :(
Good luck.

As somebody who is completely unqualified to give an opinion, I personally was unsure if the shape of the kettle would be good for this purpose. It looks to be rather tall and slender for a kettle, but I could be very wrong. I’m sure it would work, but could be a reason it’s not flying out the door

Apparently no interest at a $750 price point.
Lower the price and a fish might bite.
Keep in mind that 120 gallons is way too big for the bulk of homebrewers and way too small for commericial brewers.
I personally can't afford to upsize right now even if you were asking much less for the kettle. :(
Good luck.

You may be right. I knew it was a stretch for this forum, and will likely put it up on probrewer. I would let it go for $600. Its not really in the way at the moment so no desperation, and is still on the potential for adding some fittings to it to increase the value. I'll continue to sit on if for a while and probably post to probrewer soon.

yeah this is quite a bit north of 3bbls -- a HUGE amount of beer for the homebrewer, (not to mention federal laws is something like 100 gallons for a 1 person household OR 200 gallons for a 2+ household).

cleaned up with ports for valves, probes, whirlpool, and elements etc. can make this very attractive to new nano-brewery start ups though. Not great for a mashtun without a doorway at this size.

Back