• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Illinois 12 CLEAN 5 Gallon Pin Lock Kegs & Some Accessories – Aurora, IL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeThirst

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
After making the switch to ball locks (to get one more to fit in the keezer :mug:), we finally kicked the last pin lock so it’s time to put them up for sale. Prefer local, but will ship at buyer’s expense (see the note about shipping the kegs below).

Kegs - $35 each
All 12 kegs hold pressure, no loose handles/bases They have been taken apart, thoroughly cleaned and sanitized since their last use (beer only since we’ve had them). Scratches, but no major dents. No soda gunk to clean, just run some fresh sanitizer through and go!! Inside o-rings are in good shape, but we did put new external o-rings on all the posts. 4 are a hair shorter than the others. Also, one of the taller ones has a liquid dip tube that has been shortened a little for those who want to use a keg as a secondary.

Prefer local but will sell & ship (at your expense) in lots of 4 (since we have the right sized boxes for them :D).

Disconnects-$3 each (1/2 price of new)
All are about 2-years old, have never had a problem/leak with any of them. 6 liquid, 6 gas.

Pin lock socket (homemade)-$5
Just a 13/16” socket with four groves cut in.

DIY Beer Line Cleaner-$15
Modeled after the one geniz built in this thread (Thank You Geniz!!) but with a pin lock post of course. We’ve got about $30 into it.

Other stuff-Free to the first buyer that asks for them
1-Pin lock depressurizer (plastic)
4-External o-rings, new and unused
5-Lid o-rings, new and unused

Having problems getting pictures uploaded at the moment, but will keep working on it.

Thanks for lookin' and Cheers!

img_0113-b-67628.jpg

img_0108-b-67627.jpg

Last edited:
Im very interested in getting 2 or 4 kegs. I live about 45 min away. Would love to talk to you about getting a pick setup.

Dang, nice price! I just purchased/putting together a new brewing system...so I can't really spend more on unexpected stuff...but some people are going to get a really good deal. Plus it would be hard not to set up a meet at Solemn Oath! That's almost reason enough to buy them right there.

Hope you have a quick sale!

Thanks wishingiwasfishing...we think we priced them fairly considering their condition.

Solemn Oath would definitely be a great place to meet up, *We've also got Chicago Brew Werks/Werk Force Brewing (our LHBS in Plainfield), Hopvine and Two Brothers! *If you change your mind, let me know!

Cheers!:mug:

Thanks wishingiwasfishing...we think we priced them fairly considering their condition.

Solemn Oath would definitely be a great place to meet up, *We've also got Chicago Brew Werks/Werk Force Brewing (our LHBS in Plainfield), Hopvine and Two Brothers! *If you change your mind, let me know!

Cheers!:mug:

Hmmm, I was also going to mention Brew Werks (one of my favorites... great owner and people), but figured I wouldn't mention everything right away.

Is your club PALE? I'm not familiar with them, but did find the website...looks nice

Yep, he and his staff are really helpful! Even spent quite a bit of time with us when we were deciding if we really even wanted to start brewing. Great selections of grains/hops/yeast too.

So far, we've only looked into both PALE and Urban Knaves of Grain. Really need to get to a meeting of each and figure out which one to join (timing/meeting place, etc.). It just hasn't worked out yet.

Bump and clarification...

We are willing to sell any of these items in any quantity. Just trying to say that if we need to ship kegs, we'd prefer lots of 4 because we have boxes and it would help reduce shipping costs for the buyer(s).

Are all of these gone? I am by Effingham. I would be interested in some. I do realize this was back in October.

Doug

Back