12 Beers of Christmas - 2023 Edition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should be bottling this upcoming weekend, and shipping right after. This gruit I made won't win any prizes I'm sure - it's spiced with all sorts of odd stuff as I wanted to stick with the gruit idea. But I've had a few sips, I'm sure you guys will get it down.

1701220491894.png

The Spiced Bourbon Stout is in Fedex's hands. They currently show as being delivered sometime between Thursday and next Monday. Oddly, the package that has to go less than 100 miles is showing Monday and the one that is traveling 2600 miles shows as Thursday. We will see!

Should be bottling this upcoming weekend, and shipping right after. This gruit I made won't win any prizes I'm sure - it's spiced with all sorts of odd stuff as I wanted to stick with the gruit idea. But I've had a few sips, I'm sure you guys will get it down.
Needs more flying chickens.
neverland-etsy-small.png

neverland studios 2-pack-santas-sleigh-crash-landing

The Spiced Bourbon Stout is in Fedex's hands. They currently show as being delivered sometime between Thursday and next Monday. Oddly, the package that has to go less than 100 miles is showing Monday and the one that is traveling 2600 miles shows as Thursday. We will see!
@JAReeves should receive the package today, and the other 9 say they should be delivered tomorrow.

Gingerbread Ale dropped at UPS right after lunch today. Delivery ETAs from 2 to 5 days depending on where you are.🍻 It was weird for me turning those bottles every which way while wrapping, packing and shipping since I bottle condition and try to never have a bottle other than upright unless pouring!😂

Start on December 14th with each brewer drinking beer 1. Talk about it on here and do one per day so that the final beer is drunk on Christmas Day. Just an idea...! :)
This suggestion from 2011, the first 12BOC. Zoom launched in 2013, so "talk" implied Text chat.
@tdf Just received your shipment of Spiced Bourbon Stout +1 via FedEx. Thanks, and Merry Christmas!
SpicedBourbonStout-tdf.png

Last edited:
IMG_8212.jpeg
Also received your beers @tdf. Love the cans and the labeling. Also appreciate the bonus beer. Can wait to taste the cans et al (Kolsch is my spirit animal).

IMG_8211.jpeg
Unfortunately the package arrived one man down. I almost canned my beers too, assuming that cans would be better for shipping. I must have a FedEx curse. They managed to destroy a flat screen TV I shipped from AZ to NY this summer even though it was in a flat panel specific, double walled box and wrapped in a down comforter. Curse a f*ck on it.

View attachment 835336
Also received your beers @tdf. Love the cans and the labeling. Also appreciate the bonus beer. Can wait to taste the cans et al (Kolsch is my spirit animal).

View attachment 835337
Unfortunately the package arrived one man down. I almost canned my beers too, assuming that cans would be better for shipping. I must have a FedEx curse. They managed to destroy a flat screen TV I shipped from AZ to NY this summer even though it was in a flat panel specific, double walled box and wrapped in a down comforter. Curse a f*ck on it.
Oh no! I'm glad most of them made it. I'll have to amend my packaging for next time, I was hoping the cans would be a bit more resilient. That's a great picture of the can, thanks for sharing!

Oh no! I'm glad most of them made it. I'll have to amend my packaging for next time, I was hoping the cans would be a bit more resilient.
No worries - 32oz of Stout with a Kolsch kicker is still a solid win.

If you use a Cannular, I have one too (first generation) and I find that they are super finicky. When I can a batch I can always count on at least one seal going south on me. Definitely hit and miss.

This suggestion from 2011, the first 12BOC. Zoom launched in 2013, so "talk" implied Text chat.
@tdf Just received your shipment of Spiced Bourbon Stout +1 via FedEx. Thanks, and Merry Christmas!
View attachment 835312
I like the 'Beer and a Post-A-Day' ending on Christmas Day. Would suggested we drink them in a specified order so we're all trying and posting on the same beers on the same day.

No worries - 32oz of Stout with a Kolsch kicker is still a solid win.

If you use a Cannular, I have one too (first generation) and I find that they are super finicky. When I can a batch I can always count on at least one seal going south on me. Definitely hit and miss.
Yep, I use a Cannular too. Overall I'm quite happy with it (and I got a great deal refurbished from morebeer.com). I had 2 seals that were clearly not great from the 40 cans packaged. I tried to check each as I applied the label but clearly I need to be a bit more thorough.

I like the 'Beer and a Post-A-Day' ending on Christmas Day. Would suggested we drink them in a specified order so we're all trying and posting on the same beers on the same day.
I also have a 25 Beers of Chrismas / Beer Advent calendar that begins today, starting with a 16%ABV Imperial Stout (with Coffee, Coconut, Vanilla, Hazelnuts and Milk Sugar)
For that reason, opening 10 more bottles on a single day is out of my league.
1.png

I also have a 25 Beers of Chrismas / Beer Advent calendar that begins today, starting with a 16%ABV Imperial Stout (with Coffee, Coconut, Vanilla, Hazelnuts and Milk Sugar)
For that reason, opening 10 more bottles on a single day is out of my league.
View attachment 835347
That looks tasty. One of these years I'm going to work in a 'slip and fall' at a Starbucks so I can get myself one of those beer advent calendars. :)

Yep, I use a Cannular too. Overall I'm quite happy with it (and I got a great deal refurbished from morebeer.com). I had 2 seals that were clearly not great from the 40 cans packaged. I tried to check each as I applied the label but clearly I need to be a bit more thorough.
FWIW - I keep a five gallon bucket of water when I can and throw each can in to test. If they fully float, I know they're good. If they don't float - I know they're witches.

I’m late to the thread. I have received the stout, the weizen, the funnel, the rye bock, and the dunkel so far. All in good shape.

My are ready to ship with final packaging occurring today to drop off tomorrow

Originally I intended to dip the tops in wax but the heat caused the cap to blow. Well, I know they are fully carbed. 😀

It smelled delicious but I haven’t tried one yet. I hope I can match y’all’s quality.

I’ll be trying out he set once complete.

Latest posts

Back