11 Days crozen and incredible smell when bottling and testing ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gauthier

Reaction score
Hello guys !

Gauthier from France here.

I have a question for you guys, have you ever seen a crozen that lasted 11 days ? It resulted in an incredible smell when bottling that lasted aroudn 4h hours in the room and when i open a bottle, pour it and smell it ... it is beyond amazing, have you any idea on how that was possible as i never had anything like it and my last 2 beers wasnt like it.

I did a brewing course for 3 weeks and the microbiologist had this guess :

- The fermenter wasnt properly closed and it resulted in a long crozen and when i poured in the hops a good biotransformation.

i used lallemand yeast, verdant ipa and new england ipa yeasts, hops were Simcoe and Mosaic. (7.2g/Litres dry hopping)

What do you guys think ?

Cheers !

Attachments

• 146874500_140564974572741_9055992689587469153_n.jpg
    146874500_140564974572741_9055992689587469153_n.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 28
Occasionally krausen won't fall and I would think that would trap more of the volatile oils so when you bottled it some were immediately released but the rest were caught in the bottle. Figure out the procedure you used to keep the krausen so long and use it for every beer where you want aroma.

In that photo at least, there are hop pellets sitting on top of the krausen, not immersed in the beer. So that would explain the nice aroma while bottling. :) As for the bottled beer, I guess you did well there, too.

BTW, kräusen is the correct spelling of this German word (which is pronounced "croy-zen").

Ha thanks guys, and for the word kräusen i will keep it in mind !

The hops you see on it were added just a few seconds before i took the photo

Latest posts

Back