11/11/11 - What's your brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geofferson

Reaction score
Next Friday is 11/11/11. It also happens to be Veteran's Day. What are you brewing on this rare date and what are you calling it?

It's also Nigel Tufnel day.

I will be at deer camp so no brewing but I will have a case of my first brew ever - Chocolate Milk Stout with me.

I am working on my rig at the moment. Hopefully, all the new shiny pieces will have arrived and I will have had enough time to get everything put together by then, but it's going to be close, I think.

If I am not working then this...

"Number 11"-11PA

6 Gallon batch
OG: 1.111
ABV 11%
IBU 111 (I am guessing at this number based on theoretical vs. actual, theoretical being higher.)

Yeast: Us-05 (2-11 gram packets)

Grain Bill:
11 lbs of 2 row
11 lbs of pilsner
1 lbs of honey malt
1 lbs of oats, flaked

Hops: Cascade, Centennial, CTZ and Warrior (This is what I have extra of that will need to be used up anyway!)

Additions will all be .25oz of each hop @ Mash out for 34 minutes, boil:77,66,55,44,33,22,11,0. Primary for 11 days then add 1oz. for 11 days. Rack to secondary and add last oz. for final 11 days. (Total of 11 - 1oz additions, excluding dry hoping, all additions add to 111 minutes.)

I plan to brew on 11-11-11. I will start my mash @ 11:11am and pitch the yeast at 11:11pm.

Mash schedule: protein rest for 30 minutes @ 130F. Bring temp to 150F for 55.5 minutes. 150F for 55.5 minutes second runnings and mash out at 168F for 34 minutes.

Teufelshunde (Devil Dog) Barleywine (marine corps nickname given to by the Germans at the battle of Belleau Woods WWI)

Hmmm, sounds like it may be a good day to brew another batch of tripel.

Sent from my FroyoEris using Home Brew Talk

My daughter will be 25 that day so there won't be an brewing. There will however be some fairly serious drinking going on

its my girlfriends bday as well, we are having a party and will just have finished my keezer:
cal common
rye pa
cream ale

as well as a rye IPA I'll have on tap for myself

its my girlfriends bday as well, we are having a party and will just have finished my keezer:
cal common
rye pa
cream ale

as well as a rye IPA I'll have on tap for myself

My daughter is a serious IPA fan but I'm a malthead myself. I'll find her something good, but it'll take a quick trip out of town.

The beer I made at Kiuchi Brewery arrives this week, so I'll be drinking that.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great - another reason to brew.

No connection to the day. Just the next in line with justification.

My 11/11/11 will be a Mill Street Tankhouse Ale clone.

We are going to see Delbert at Infinity Hall and I'll be drinking Berkshire Ale. SWMBO will probably stick with Martinis.

Back