100% Brett Cider Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMannion87

Reaction score
Quick question: what is the appropriate 2015 BJCP category for a 100% Brett fermented dry hopped cider? I would assume C2F but would the dry hopping make it out of style? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

FWIW, I reached out to the organizer of a local competition about this.

"I think you are correct, there isn't really anywhere else for that kind of cider.* While I can't say that the judges will know what to expect while judging a '100% Brettanomyces fermented cider with dry hops', I would recommend giving them the best description you can to point them the right direction and make it obvious that this was intentional.* This is something that can be a challenge with 100% brett for anything, since there are too many different combinations and limited experience at the homebrew level, let alone at the judging level."

I hope this helps anyone who might also be looking for an answer to this particular question.

Back