10 Tip Natural Gas Jet Burner question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
either re-read the above webpage, or give them a call. good luck, have fun with them (those are the ones I want also).

If you are using them at home, you usually have 11WC or slightly less after the meter. Where are you getting 2 PSI from? I could be mistaken but I think the burners are designed for 11WC. Also, if you are comtemplating using a valve to control the burner, I think most of the furnace and control valves are rated to 11WC.

I think 2 psi would be ridiculous. That's like 50WC. I measured 8" WC at my rig after a disappointingly restrictive run from the main trunk and I can get a decent burn. From what I understand, the closer to the point of use you put the regulator, the better. It delivers adequate volume as the reg demands it.

Thanks for the info. I have 2 PSI gas running from my meter into the house then its regulated to 7-11WC in my furnace room and distributed to the appliances. I plan on running an additional gas line to my burner area, probably about 30' plus another 5-10' to each burner- just was concerned with pressure drop and running 2- 75K jet burners at the same time. I'm thinking of just running 2PSI close to where I plan to brew, then attach a regulator that can handle 150K BTU to avoid any pressure drop issues over the length of piping.

You must have a 2PSI meter set for a backup generator, run 2 psi gas line to brew stand area and use a 2 PSI - 4-7" regulator on the stand for the burners. The 2 psi gas line could be done in 1/2" iron pipe as the density of the 2 PSI gas means the pressure drop with 200K end use will not be that significant. Make sure that the regulator has vent limiter plug, otherwise you most definately need to route regulator vent to outdoors, regulator malfunction will release gas through vent to limit over pressure.

Latest posts

Back