#10 stopper with hole for thermowell-where to find

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsncrabs

Reaction score
I am looking for a #10 stopper that has a second hole punched in it for a thermowell to be used in a plastic carboy. I dont need the thermowell, just the stopper. I drilled a second hole in one of mine, but the hole really needs to be punched I guess. Searches have turned up nothing, except this-http://www.williamsbrewing.com/THERMOWELL-FOR-PLASTIC-CARBOYS-P2596.aspx , but as I said, I dont need the thermowell. I bought a carboy hood, but the fit is not that great and I do not like using it. These have to exist separately somewhere, but where?

The best way to drill a rubber stopper is to take a scrap piece of tubing and cut a couple slots in the end. Chuck it into and drill and go for it. It cuts a plug out.

THANK YOU! I tried the idea of punching it through using a sharpened tube and wasn't having any luck. I cut a couple notches in the tube, mounted it in the drill press, and it worked perfectly.

Back