1 year brewing anniversary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sd_brewbie

Reaction score
Today it has been one year since I brewed my first batch. Started with a starter kit from Northren Brewer and a couple of extract kits. Kegged my first batch. After I made the first extract kits that came with my kit I moved to all grain and have brewed m any good beers. I am always looking at ways to improve my results and I am now tackling water. I love this hobby.

Wish I could brew an anniversary batch today, but I think it will have to wait till this weekend.

That is all :)

Today it has been one year since I brewed my first batch. Started with a starter kit from Northren Brewer and a couple of extract kits. Kegged my first batch. After I made the first extract kits that came with my kit I moved to all grain and have brewed m any good beers. I am always looking at ways to improve my results and I am now tackling water. I love this hobby.

Wish I could brew an anniversary batch today, but I think it will have to wait till this weekend.

That is all :)

Nice. Congrats. I am just over a year now, myself. I started with an all-grain hefeweizen, last February. I started out kegging from the start too! I am guessing you already had a keggerator? I am about to move and then will start tackling water as well.

May the future be good to you.

I started out kegging from the start too! I am guessing you already had a keggerator?

I had a mini fridge in my garage. While my first batch was fermenting I plumbed everything through the walls (insulated with recirculating cold air) to have taps on my wall :). I have two taps running from it now... but I think I might need to expand.

Congratulations! My one year anniversary is coming up end of next month. I started with NB Caribou Slobber extract kit. Did a few more or so extracts, added a fermentation chamber, and have now done 2 biab all grain. Was really happy with how they turned out. Haven't started kegging yet, but that is next on my agenda. Cheers! Enjoy year 2 :mug:

I had a mini fridge in my garage. While my first batch was fermenting I plumbed everything through the walls (insulated with recirculating cold air) to have taps on my wall :). I have two taps running from it now... but I think I might need to expand.

did you?

This weekend is my one year as well. Now running all stainless fermenters, a keezer and a separate beer fridge as well. fun stuff

Congrats! It's been about 18 months for me, and for my 2 year I plan to brew my first ever beer... with a few tweaks!

It tasted so good at the time... but pretty awful in retrospect

I hit my 1 year at the end of this month. Started out with the basic beginners kit and extract kit from Northern Brewer I got for my birthday, and the following weekend I was building my all grain set up and making my keggle, and by the time I bottled the first "kit" beer, I built my keezer and converted a spare fridge over to a ferm chamber. Since then I have won a 1st place BOS, a 3rd place, and a 4th place in competitions. Its crazy how fast some of us went from 0 to hero!

On my 1 year I brewed something I had never tried before, a Gose. I brewed a watermelon Gose which is still probably the BEST beer I have every brewed. I plan on making it again this summer.

On my 1 year I brewed something I had never tried before, a Gose. I brewed a watermelon Gose which is still probably the BEST beer I have every brewed. I plan on making it again this summer.

This is interesting, I have been toying with the idea of doing a sour, maybe I should make one on my 1 yr date !?

Feb 27th was my 1st year anniversary. I celebrated by doing a few rapid fire quick turnaround brews to solidify the old pipeline.

Cheers!
:mug:

Back