1 gallon grape juice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunggo

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 1 gallon fermentation kit for making 1 gallon of wine at a time. I know, I know, 5 - 6 gallons would be better... I don't have the 5 gallon, I have the one gallon.

I need just 1 gallon of red grape juice or concentrate. I have been searching and I keep finding juice for only 5 gallons or 2.5 gallons. Does anybody know where I can get juice for only 1 gallon? A link to a specific product is preferred.

Thanks,
Bunggo

Hello,

I have a 1 gallon fermentation kit for making 1 gallon of wine at a time. I know, I know, 5 - 6 gallons would be better... I don't have the 5 gallon, I have the one gallon.

I need just 1 gallon of red grape juice or concentrate. I have been searching and I keep finding juice for only 5 gallons or 2.5 gallons. Does anybody know where I can get juice for only 1 gallon? A link to a specific product is preferred.

Thanks,
Bunggo

I really don't know of any kit or fresh juice that you can get for a single gallon...I'd probably just pick up 4 frozen cans of Welch's grape juice concentrate and do something like this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out www.homewinery.com, concentrate section. Then you have to call them to order the pints which are for one gallon. Products are quite good, prices and shipping very reasonable.

But you can also use 100% juices or frozen juice concentrates. Welch's and Old Orchard are most common, but you can consider any brand. Just look for the 100%, and check label so you avoid any benzoate additive. Less ingredients are best, like juice + ascorbic acid BUT you can work with sulfites and sorbate in the juice/concentrate since they are at a level to prevent wild yeast from taking over. Once you pitch your yeast you are typically good to go, assuming you have good nutrients and a SG that is reasonable.

Have fun!

I just made a welches concentrate wine that is amazing so far. Recipe is as follows:

1 gallon

4 12oz cans of Welch's white grape peach concentrate (use what ever flavor you like)
1tbs of Earl grey black tea (again can customize any black tea to taste)
1/2 tsp pectic enzyme
1tsp yeast nutrient
1tsp yeast energizer
Yeast: Lalvin 71b-1122 (I like 71b but many other yeasts could do well)

OG should be about 1.080 giving potential ABV at about 10% - 11%.

Back