1 gallon ag batch questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After about 10 or so 5 gal batches that were all sub par, I cut back to 3 gal batches until I finally figured out how to get what I wanted. I think I did about 5 or 6 batches like that, and now I'm back to 5 gal. The idea of 1 gal batches is cool cause you can try all sorts of things and you can do it all on the stove! To answer you question I think the 5 gal container will be ok for primary but probably not for any secondary.

You can...

What I might recommend is doing a larger pale malt or 2-row main mash and do a small mash of adjuncts on the stove. You can then use one gallon of the ~5 gallons of wort from main mash you will collect and mix it with the wort from the small mash from the adjuncts on the stove. You then simply do like you had planned on doing with the 1 gallon batch...

The good thing about doing it this way is that you will only have to mash your base malts one time for every 5 beers you make. This is all good, of course, if you have a place to store your wort you will not be using.

That's fine! I like to brew a lot. I want to try different styles. I'm at target and they had a 5 gal drink cooler for 14 dollars. I only Need the two gallon version right now but that's a deal.

Back