• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California 1 Bbl for sale $1.2K

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewPro

Reaction score
This older all grain 1 Bbl brew system has been in storage for 15 years. It worked Great up until its retirement. This setup was cobbled together in the late 80s//early 90s from scrapyard/surplus restaurant equipment. (that is pre internet for you kids.)

Here is the inventory for sale.
  1. 1 B.Hubbert & sons 40 gal Stainless kettle.(Direct fired, natural gas, bottom hop screen included, 2 piece lid ) Note: this vessel doubles as the Mash Tun
  2. 1 Rectagnular Lauter tun (uninsulated, includes ss screen,sparge and vorlauf bar)
  3. 1 Counterflow wort chiller (1/2" copper tube inside 1" rubber hose. approx 50 ft coil)
  4. 1 60 gal Poly barrel primary fermenter.
  5. 3 15.5 Sankey kegs (2 are secondary fermenters, I have the spears)
  6. 1 20 gallon ss secondary fermenter (Ex pool filter housing)
  7. 2 7.25 gal Sankey pony kegs.
  8. 19 5 gal Corney kegs (pin/ball lock mix0
  9. 1 Grundfos hi temp pump (ss interior,fiber renforced plasic impeller,ceramic bearings)
  10. 4 gal SS CIP/sanitize vessel ( utilizes main Grundfos pump)
  11. 3 basin commercial sink (No faucets, drain is there, 1 1/2" abs)
  12. commercial grade ss counter top 5 ft by 16-18 "
  13. 1 Hand made brewpaddle
  14. 2 boxes of misc homebrew supplies ( small nickel and dime stuff, old )

This system has no bells or whistles. It is all analog. All seals,o-rings maybe some of the butterfly valves would most likely need replaced due to age. The heavy gauge 1 " hose on the wort chiller is dirty but in good shape. There are dings and dents abound. It may not look pretty but when you get into this league of brewing it is about the result.

I won a fist full'o ribbons with this system. I also used it to brew resume beers that landed me in my current career as a Senior Brewer at a major craft brewery back in 1998.
For the right person(s), club, this is a great opportunity to step up to another level brewing.

I am selling this as a package. I will not part it out so don't bother asking.
I will not ship this equipment. (it would cost a bunch) You would need to come and fetch it. It fills up a pick up truck and trailer. I might be able to meet someone half way under the right circumstances.I live in Nor Cal.

I have photos to post but the site is not letting me post them so I will try to come back and put them up in an edit.

Yes it is......if you p.m.me an email address can send you some photos. I tried a dozen time to post to this site and all i get is error messages.

60 gal Poly barrel primary fermenter.

Is that the kind with the locking clasp ring similar to oil drums?
I have a few (open top with lid+clasp) but have not tried using them as primary fermentors yet.
Are they decent?
I've heard there are issues getting it to actually hold a seal.
Did you have that issue and how did you overcome it?
(sorry for the thread derail)

Bar-Keepers-friend-coupon.png

Latest posts

Back