1 bbl Brewery Build, "Cerveceria Coahuila"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reverse osmosis system and the 500 gallon tank

ForumRunner_20130313_142832.png

ForumRunner_20130313_142853.png

Are you still selling your beer in Piedras Negras?. Any chance i could go to have a tour and see your equipment?.

could you share details how you wired Honey V800 pilot valve. i just got one and i am not sure what to do with the TH wiring. can it be omitted?

thanks a million in advance,
-Yev

could you share details how you wired Honey V800 pilot valve. i just got one and i am not sure what to do with the TH wiring. can it be omitted?

thanks a million in advance,
-Yev

of course let me take some pictures and post them, and try to put a wiring diagram too

IMG20150308182659.jpg

IMG20150308184229.jpg

IMG20150310202303.jpg

IMG20150312181018.jpg

IMG20150317190942.jpg

just did my first concentrated batch, used the HLT as secondary Mashing Vessel, used a water heater for the sparge, transfer both worth to the boiler, and diluted on the fermenter. because my brewhouse is 1bbl and the fermenters are 2bbl.

no they dont have a jacket, insted, they have a coil inside, and theres where the glycol go. and the finish is excellent, no complains there.

cheers.

I'm kind of wondering about having the glycol coil in with the beer. What if there's a leak and its not detected? Couldn't people get really sick from that?
I thought that was why fermentors were cooled from the outside, but I'm just guessing about that? In the US, are there safety codes about how you handle glycol for chilling food/beverage items?

I'm kind of wondering about having the glycol coil in with the beer. What if there's a leak and its not detected? Couldn't people get really sick from that?
I thought that was why fermentors were cooled from the outside, but I'm just guessing about that? In the US, are there safety codes about how you handle glycol for chilling food/beverage items?

i used a food grade glycol diluted with water, first i always check for leaks, but in the event of happening it is food grade. but in my last batch i used pure water, as for fermentacion control just need a chill water noy freezen water any way, and the brite tanks are in a cold room, so no need of glicol for them.

Last edited:
Back