Über lacing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsdx

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Was hitting the IPA hard the other night, finished my mug and was amazed at the thick but many zebra stripes on my glass especially by the bottom. It looked a little better in person.

lacing1.jpg

I love good lacing! I know my first brew (an english bitter) won't have that much, but my ambition is to make a super lacing beer one day. Congrats.
:mug:

Thats awesome, what ingredients causes good head retention like that? I brewed an Arrogant Bastard and a week after I bottled, it tasted great but didn't have any head at all. I know it needs more time, but I was expecting at least something...

Beer clean glass make a difference. Lacing is just an indication of the proteins remaining in the foam. Some malts help such as carapils. It may also be an indication of a proper mash. Also has to do with a slew of other variables like ph and so on. Here's a beer I just drank (a minute ago)!

IMG00751.jpg

Can you tell what I was doing online? :D

Oh, and it was my clone of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Oh my. Great brew! I dry hopped it this time for more pronounced hop aroma. Just 1.5 oz, but it made a difference.

I made a Golden Ale and let it age for about a month in the bottle and had lacing. I just told my friend yeah this beer is good and this lacing thing is suppose to be a good thing not sure why...so why is lacing awesome?

Was hitting the IPA hard the other night, finished my mug and was amazed at the thick but many zebra stripes on my glass especially by the bottom. It looked a little better in person.

lacing1.jpg

Didn't your beer spill out holding it sideways like that? :D

Back