Don't ignore your chiller.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aa8jzdial

Reaction score
I have been brewing a long time and still forget.
Drain after use in the winter. 10 degrees outside = 20 degrees in my brewery (garage).
This was my 3rd patch job.
The burst copper tubing was discovered just as we were sparging 56# of malt. Too late to turn back, had to make a panic run to local welding buddy.
It is gonna cost me lots of home brew.
Beware.
r

I store all my brew equipment inside. Last wed was -30f here.

This sounds like you need to give all your equipment lines a short blast of air from a air compressor at the end of your brew day each time before storage.
And think today I spent 4 1/2 hours in my friends stern drive 327 Vette powered boat I just got running for him. Here in San Francisco bay with 70 plus degrees weather in Tee shirts water like glass and all my friend drinks is canned Bud Light YUCK, bad for me. The good parts of the day was a dock stop at a Nob Hill store for two 4 packs of Old Rasputin for me and a screw change I got us to 57 MPH off the police radar gun on board. Our All time record low is 32.6*F, record hot 103*F. Sun burned face is now hot.

It's 2f here today, I have to go plow snow, and your riding in a sweet boat. Not fair at all.

Brewbeemer as much as I dislike B.L. I could gag a bunch if that's all I had to do to get on a boat in 70 deg weather.
I am so danged tired of operating the manual snow thrower I could punch Al Gore between the eyes. Good thing he invented the internet.
r

Back