Guitar Hero World Tour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiobrewtus

Reaction score
Anyone pick this up yet? I bought it yesterday, but we haven't opened it yet. We're waiting until tomorrow when my older kids will be over.

I've watched a few youtube clips of it and I'm friggin' stoked! :rockin::rockin:

I drooled over it last night at the store. We are planning on buying it for the family for x-mas. I'm thinking we need to get it early, so I can sneak some play in with some friends when the kids are not home...

Some songs I don't recognize, but some that are pretty cool. I played some Rock Band at the mens section too. They had a drum set rigged up, so I tried it out. NICE!

I picked it up but haven't opened it yet. Looks like this weekend will be the time as I'll have a full house to annoy with my singing. :rockin:

Got mine yesterday! Not opening it until christmas though. I hope its worth the wait....both inline yesterday and until christmas. It seems like another item thats going to be in tight supply I'm glad I got mine.

If you buy the Fully Loaded meal from KFC. There is a coupon for $5 off of the game on the back of the box.

I got this hooked up and played it last night.

:rockin:

I'm having trouble describing its awesomeness.

What? $90? that's not right. It's a new game that costs nearly $200. If that's the case you could likely get much more on ebay. Go get it!

AH, I looked online and saw they had a guiytar edition that apparently includes the game and a guitar for $90. If you already had a drum set and microphone, then the extra guitar and game might make sense, but really to start you'd need the complete game with 1 guitar, 1 microphone, and 1 drum set.

The drum set looks amazing. 3 drums, plus 2 cymbals, plus bass pedal. Includes real wood sticks.

What? $90? that's not right. It's a new game that costs nearly $200. If that's the case you could likely get much more on ebay. Go get it!

$90.22 at Sam's Club. You need a Wii for it.

0004787595611_L4.jpg

they have three versions of the game one is the game only, the second is the game and guitar, and the third is the game, guitar, drums, and mic. The prices here in canada are $50, $120, and $200. the full set is sold out everywhere around here and are reselling in the $400-$600 range.

I doubt you're going to get off that easy, Ed. If he wants Guitar Hero World Tour, he probably wants the band kit with the drums. You're going to be right around $200 for that.

It's worth it though. My kids love it. Hell, SWMBO even loves playing it. She played the drums for over an hour last night. Next time I'm going to get a couple Apfelwein's in her and it will be topless drum night! WooHoo!!! :D

Where are you actually finding Wii units? They seem to be sold out everywhere around here. SWMBO wants one bad.

Where are you actually finding Wii units? They seem to be sold out everywhere around here. SWMBO wants one bad.

I went to Wal-Mart Sunday morning and they were just putting them on the shelves. Check your local mega stores first, then check the smaller gaming only stores like GameSpot, etc.

Crap, is the world tour selling out already? Or the Wii? If it's the GH:WT, then I better convince the wife to buy one now, and put it away for xmas (like in the garage, where I can rig up a TV and practice until Christmas.)

SWMBO and I just bought GH:Aerosmith last month... we quit after the 2nd level, as the songs were somewhat lame IMO. Lot of relatively unknown stuff. Probably going to trade GH:A for III... we already have II and Rt80's.

Don't know if we're going to invest in WT though, as we don't play often at all, and the full kit is expensive.

FWIW, we're still playing on an old-ass PS2, and she's wanted a Wii for a year and a half now... I'm probably going to have to buy her one soon. I can't keep avoiding it.

I don't want a Wii just because I know how much the controllers hurt my hands. I should exercise more, game less.

Went to wal-mart last night and saw many, many WT games, but they were all guitar bundles. NO WT for Wii, and only 3 for PS3. I mentioned subtley to wife as the young one was in the car with us. She seemed to comprehend that we may be forced to buy early if we can find any.

SWMBO and I just bought GH:Aerosmith last month... we quit after the 2nd level, as the songs were somewhat lame IMO. Lot of relatively unknown stuff. Probably going to trade GH:A for III... we already have II and Rt80's.

Don't know if we're going to invest in WT though, as we don't play often at all, and the full kit is expensive.

FWIW, we're still playing on an old-ass PS2, and she's wanted a Wii for a year and a half now... I'm probably going to have to buy her one soon. I can't keep avoiding it.

I don't want a Wii just because I know how much the controllers hurt my hands. I should exercise more, game less.

I have found there to be many unknown songs in all of the GH games we've played. I bought Aerosmith because my nephew has III and so we can trade. There are plenty of Aerosmith songs on the special edition, as you can imagine, and some songs are obscure but I enjoy them anyway.

Hopefully there will be less unknown songs as recording artists see how popular the games have become and want to be included. "Terrible Ted" has Stranglehold on the world tour, plus he is one of the bosses, so you have to beat his solo performance too.

Joe Satriani has Satch Boogie
Dream Theater has Pull Me Under
Hotel California...

Not a bad set list on world tour, but there are still plenty of songs by unknown. There are like 85 songs included in the game, plus you can download online later, and you can create your own songs and share online (although they say they will remove any songs that violate copyright, so you can't do Eruption. Unless you find a way to distribute the songs outside of the official servers...)

What I don't understand is that Guitar Hero III is called "Legends", and yet there is a dearth of unknown and obscure songs on there. And very little actual legends (as far as guitar goes). They need to come up with a Guitar Hero: Guitar Gods, and include some of the well-known MASTERS of the instrument:

Eddie Van Halen
Hendrix
Satriani
Vai
Petrucci
Clapton
SRV
Bettencourt
etc.

Plus some more popular songs that are very heavy on guitar, or have very cool riffs. There have been many many instances where I've told the family, "Now THIS song shold be on Guitar Hero!"

I have found there to be many unknown songs in all of the GH games we've played. I bought Aerosmith because my nephew has III and so we can trade. There are plenty of Aerosmith songs on the special edition, as you can imagine, and some songs are obscure but I enjoy them anyway.

I probably should've thought of that before I bought it... I'm not an Aerosmith fan at all ... I probably should've got III instead. But it came with two wired guitars for cheap. (Great, so now I have 3 of them instead of just 1.) Oh well.

I guess I didn't notice that many unknown songs in II or in III... I know the majority of them... only a few are relatively unknowns to me. But GH:Aero just seemed to me like a bad radio station, playing everything we don't recognize. So far, Pink is the only song I've liked in the first two levels. *shrug* Like I said, it ain't a biggie, cuz now that I have a couple good guitars, I can trade the game for III, and work on memorizing Cliffs Of Dover.

I probably should've thought of that before I bought it... I'm not an Aerosmith fan at all ... I probably should've got III instead. But it came with two wired guitars for cheap. (Great, so now I have 3 of them instead of just 1.) Oh well.

I guess I didn't notice that many unknown songs in II or in III... I know the majority of them... only a few are relatively unknowns to me. But GH:Aero just seemed to me like a bad radio station, playing everything we don't recognize. So far, Pink is the only song I've liked in the first two levels. *shrug* Like I said, it ain't a biggie, cuz now that I have a couple good guitars, I can trade the game for III, and work on memorizing Cliffs Of Dover.

Good Luck with Cliffs of Dover. Beat it on Expert and I'll be impressed. :D

I don't even have I, II or III. I had never even played it until beerfest ;08 at my place in August when I buddy brought his. I bought Aerosmith w/ the guitar, then picked up World Tour the day that it came out.

I haven't noticed any issues at all with the drums, but I'll check out the link posted above anyway.

One thing to take note of for those of you looking at buying the band kit for Wii - You will need additional Wiimotes. Each guitar takes a Wiimote. The drums take a Wiimote. The microphone also requires that a Wiimote be allocated to it. If you want to play 2 guitars, drums, and sing all at the same time you will need to have 4 Wiimotes.

I just started playing this game like 2 weeks ago. I'm playing guitar on hard and maybe it's just me, but GH:Aerosmith on hard seems much more difficult than GH:WT on hard.

I doubt you're going to get off that easy, Ed. If he wants Guitar Hero World Tour, he probably wants the band kit with the drums. You're going to be right around $200 for that.

It's worth it though. My kids love it. Hell, SWMBO even loves playing it. She played the drums for over an hour last night. Next time I'm going to get a couple Apfelwein's in her and it will be topless drum night! WooHoo!!! :D

Pics or you made it up! And we question whether or not "she " even exists.:p

I got a wholesalers catalog recently, 40 pages dedicated to wii accessories alone. ~15 pages for GH related stuff.

Insane!

Good Luck with Cliffs of Dover. Beat it on Expert and I'll be impressed. :D
(...)
I just started playing this game like 2 weeks ago. I'm playing guitar on hard and maybe it's just me, but GH:Aerosmith on hard seems much more difficult than GH:WT on hard.

Yeah, no. I am working on Medium still. My buddy can beat it on expert. He's pretty damn good. Before I accidentally zapped his memory card (I can still hear the howl of terror to this day), he had every "regular" song (e.g. regular song list as opposed to the bonuses) minimum 4-starred on Expert, most were 5-starred.

GH: Aerosmith seems hard as frick even on Medium! GH:II I can do on Hard for the most part. GH:III is hit-or-miss, as hitting the 5th button is really hard on my carpal tunnel, lots of hand moving. I'm hoping that will be more playable after I get (and recover from) surgery next year. GH:Aerosmith just seems excessively difficult to me, though.

What I don't understand is that Guitar Hero III is called "Legends", and yet there is a dearth of unknown and obscure songs on there. And very little actual legends (as far as guitar goes). They need to come up with a Guitar Hero: Guitar Gods, and include some of the well-known MASTERS of the instrument:

Eddie Van Halen
Hendrix
Satriani
Vai
Petrucci
Clapton
SRV
Bettencourt
etc.

Plus some more popular songs that are very heavy on guitar, or have very cool riffs. There have been many many instances where I've told the family, "Now THIS song shold be on Guitar Hero!"

Doesn't Guitar Hero world tour have two songs by Hendrix?

I have GH1, 2, and 3. for GH3, I can't get past the encore of group 7.. Damned guitar solo on Cult of personality just destroys me.

I bought GH:WT the day it came out, (game only - because i only want to play the guitar) and I'm ~70% done, playing everything on hard. I absolutely despise that Muse song. I wish I would have gotten the new guitar, though, but because I have a PS2 its not in every store, like it is for the new gen systems, and I was impatient to get it and play.

I was over my buddies house the night it came out and man did we have a blast. Of course we have been playing the guitar hero series since it came out but world tour is by far the best one. There is so much that you can do on it. Create your own songs, own "rocker". The songs are not like theother versions "as made famous by", there are all done by original bands. Its deffenely worth picking up and playing it with a bunch of buddies and drink some HB. Wait until you guys have to sing its awsome..:rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin:

I certainly enjoyed playing it last night. I love the drums and the singing.

"I don't practice santeria..." *dogs start howling*

Blah. The Microphone is the reason I boycott Rock Band and am less excited about World Tour. I would've rather just had 4-player guitar support instead. But I'm weird.

Blah. The Microphone is the reason I boycott Rock Band and am less excited about World Tour. I would've rather just had 4-player guitar support instead. But I'm weird.

The mic was the only thing that got my wife interested in playing video games with me.

Couple time that I was going to spend anyway. :rockin:

Dammit. My wife fights over who gets to play lead guitar. She's better than me.
2071_lonely.gif

Dammit. My wife fights over who gets to play lead guitar. She's better than me.
2071_lonely.gif

I've had RockBand for a long while and RockBand 2 pretty much straight out of the gate.

I play drums. Count 4 and repeat. :rockin:

She trips while chewing gum. :D

Doesn't Guitar Hero world tour have two songs by Hendrix?

I have GH1, 2, and 3. for GH3, I can't get past the encore of group 7.. Damned guitar solo on Cult of personality just destroys me.

I bought GH:WT the day it came out, (game only - because i only want to play the guitar) and I'm ~70% done, playing everything on hard. I absolutely despise that Muse song. I wish I would have gotten the new guitar, though, but because I have a PS2 its not in every store, like it is for the new gen systems, and I was impatient to get it and play.

Yes WT has two I think, plus they are coming out with more later they say. My meaning is that if they are going to call it Guitar Hero, and sell one of them as "legends" then they really should have one edition that is nothing but guitar gods on it.

I hear metallica's new album is going to be released for it soon as download, and YES every track on WT is recorded by the artist. No more fakies!

I'm not a fan at all of the microphone in rock band or WT. Still the drums are a nice addition to the bass and guitar.

I'm renting GH:WT and own rock band 2. Both are good games and it's nice to have more songs to play. That said I prefer the interface of RB 2 so far.

I am also a drummer (in video games only), but I haven't bought new instruments for GH:WT or RB2. I only plan to buy one set of drums. Suggestions?

I am also a drummer (in video games only), but I haven't bought new instruments for GH:WT or RB2. I only plan to buy one set of drums. Suggestions?

It depends on your system. For one thing I know that GH:WT drums currently don't work on PS3 Rock Band. Also GH:WT drums have cymbals but currently they have issues and have even been issued a tuning kit. Personally I use RB 1 drums on a ps3 for both games. Seems to work great.

I bought RB2 for PS3 in mid-October (partially explaining my near absence here for 3 weeks [RB1 explains the rest]). The drums in RB2 are definitely better than RB1, and with an optional cymbal kit, they will rock. With the full cymbal kit, the kit will have a snare, 3 toms, hi-hats, crash, splash, and ride cymbals, plus a kick pedal.

According to Harmonix, there is supposed to be full compatibility between the RB2 drums and the RB1 and GHWT games (I haven't tried it to be sure, though).

Back