keg set-up ordered. now the waiting begins...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave-m

Reaction score
I finally came up with some $$$ and ordered my kegging set-up from ebay today!!!

s.gif
s.gif
70_1_b.JPG

The complete 2 tap kegerator kit includes:
2-ball lock gas disconnects
6'-1/4" braided gas line
6'-3/16" clear beer line
10-stainless steel oetiker clamps
1-stem,nut & washer to connect line to regulator
1-stainless steel tee to split the gas line for both cornies
2-ball lock disconnects for liquid
2-chrome beer faucets w/ 5 1/8" shank,barb fitting and black handles
2-5 gallon ball lock cornelius kegs
1-5lb CO2 tank (empty)
1-brand new TapRite dual gauge CO2 regulator
I
hate waiting for stuff from ebay. I WANT IT NOW!!!

BTW.. I paid $248.00 for all.

You will be glad you got your set up. I swear my beers are better in the keg. Probably my imagination but it sure seems my beers have improved since I started kegging.

Dave-M, Thats the exact kit i ordered a week ago, Very nice, thargrav is a great seller to work with, and can i just say kegging is freaking sweet. Enjoy the homebrew.:tank:

thanks for the supportive words! I've been brewing now for around a year and a half and feel like this is just part of the natural progression. I need to round up a fridge to modify now.

On a side note....

I have the first brew that will go into the keg system in primary right now. It's a recipe out of "Beer Captured". A clone for Sam Adams Cream Stout. I brewed it on Wednesday evening and as I type this (Saturday afternoon) it looks to be nearly finished with the primary fermentation. This sucker went seriously ballistic on thursday evening and blew krausen out of the tube for a solid 12 hours. It is by far the most aggresive ferment I've done. I'm even considering racking it to secondary on Sunday, even though it's only been four days. Any opinions on this? Would there be any benefits to leaving it on the trub for a full seven days?

Oh, wow! Grats dude. Im still new to brewing, but I realized that the only downside is bottle cleaning and bottle conditioning. Man, I can't wait until I can make this post showing my kegs off.

Dave-M, Check the specific gravity, when that stays the same for 2 days you can go ahead and rack to the secondary, relax and have a homebrew:mug:

Sweet I got that same one only used.. Was $115 with shipping. My Fridge is coming next month (waiting for my buddy to move to Korea) I can't wait to have my kegerator running.

Back