Enter those Few Child-Free People

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrewWench

Reaction score
Since it appears we're in the minority... I just thought you might appreciate this (and surely some parents will too!) You check off one of these comments everytime someone nags at you about why you're not having kids, or when to have kids if you're not having them soon enough for their taste.

How many have you heard before?? :)

BreederBINGO.png

I'm still young (22) but I keep hearing that when I get older, I'll like them. For some reason, I don't see that happening. They're expensive, smelly, noisy, time consuming, and frankly, my genes aren't so good that I feel the need to parade them around the world.

But Laurel - childbirth is a woman's greatest achievement! I've thankfully never heard that one before, but most of these are incredibly true, stereotypical remarks.

But Laurel - childbirth is a woman's greatest achievement! I've thankfully never heard that one before, but most of these are incredibly true, stereotypical remarks.

I've PERSONALLY heard about half of those. I love the "you were a child once" and "what if your parents felt the same." Well, just because SOMEONE ELSE made the decision to have a child 20 something years ago doesn't mean that I'll enjoy making the same. And shoot, if my parents felt the same, then there would be the same end result, no grandchildren, and less strain on the world's resources. How terrible. I wouldn't care if they chose not to have kids, because I wouldn't be around for it!

How can you live with yourself?

Very nicely, thank you.

That bottom row is scary stuff, although the "crimes against nature" part sounds interesting.

I have heard just about every one of these at one time or another. Thankfully everyone has pretty much got the hint and knows that we are not going to have kids. I hear the whole "oh you've still got time" one quite a bit (we are only in our early 30s), but having children is something I have never thought about wanting to do, not even a little. Luckily I found a woman who completely agrees.

I also want to know why everyone else cares so darn much about whether or not I will have kids.

Ha ha. Oh man we get that quite a bit. I’m glad we are not the only ones. We just don’t like kids, what so wrong with that. Fortunately my SWMBO totally agrees with that. The only kids we want have 4 legs and fur. And we have enough of those.

I have said it before and I'll say it again every child regardless of age, and some adults, that act like dip****s in public should be eligible for an instantaneous 4th term abortion courtesy of a double barreled 12 guague Remington.

I personally have heard quite a few of those things before, especially from women I have dated. You know what I don't want kids, and if you do you should really be seeing someone else... it is better for both of us. 2 relationships have ended this way... O well, have fun with your pet goat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back