Bench bottle capper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monocerotis

Reaction score
Looking for a bench bottle capper and as far as i can tell there's only the Colona and Agata ones. I'm looking for something that isn't a cheap piece of plastic crap like all the one's at my bomebrew store, and the Agata feels like sheet steel and aluminum that would snap in half if I got too hammered and started bottling. Anyone own a Colona and can testify to it's ability or are there other brands I can't seem to find elsewhere?

Thanks

The one I have looks just like the Super Agata, but it was made by Ferari. I showed my LHBS a picture of the Super Agata on MoreBeers web site and asked them to pick one up for me at their wharehouse.

I love it every time I use it, and I bottle all my beer. Before I got it I was using a wing capper that came with my kit.

I have a Super Agata and its very sturdy. The plastic is good and strong and the metal is pretty thick. I have bottled two 6 gallon batches with it without a single problem.

+1 for the Super Agata. It's certainly stronger than the bottles, so if you were doing something to break the capper, you'd already have problems.

Anyone own a Colona and can testify to it's ability or are there other brands I can't seem to find elsewhere?
I have one.
I will testify.
Best Buy EVERRRR!

You can cap bottles, you can cap Screw top BMC bottles (I speak from Experience) and you can cork wine bottles with ease. Good way to spend $60.

If you get one and don't like it....I'll buy it from you.

I really wish you could cap a batch with the 2 kinds side by side. I would never want to be without my big red....I'ts plastic...but it's very well built. I think that if more people had tried these, more people would use them.

021.jpg

I've been looking for a bench capper as well and it came down to the super agata or the colonna. I'm leaning toward the colonna because it will apparently also cork, which may be handy in the future if I ever decide to make some wine. It is quite a bit more expensive though. Here's the cheapest I've found it. $50 plus $12 shipping to my house, plus tax since I'm in Indiana = about $65. Morebeer sells the super agata for $35, and it will ship free if you buy a few more items, so that's a $30 difference. I may have just talked myself out of the colonna.:(

Latest posts

Back