1 Gallon Recipe Request - Shiraz

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgr_stl

Reaction score
I've never made wine, but would like to give it a shot. Does anyone have a recipe for a 1-gallon batch of Shiraz? I'd like it to be good, so if I need to spend a little more on ingredients that's fine. Thanks!

Master Vinter makes a 1 gallon kit for Shiraz. A basic recipe is hard to come up with because you cannot make a Shiraz without having the Shiraz grapes or concentrate

I'm doing a Master Vinter Green Apple Riesling right now. In the box was 1 bag of grape juice, yeast, fining agent, metabisulfate and sorbate and a bottle of sweetener. At this price point I would not expect to find any grape skins but this kit may also include tannin and or oak chips all depending upon their recipe

Good info. Would you guys recommend adding grape skins to the kit for added complexity, or just doing it as is?

I would recommend just sticking to the kit, especially if you are new to the hobby. It will help demonstrate that your practices are sound before adding extra elements that may effect the out come. Plus you may love the kit exactly as it comes

Anyone know where I could get this kit other than Northern Brewer or Midwest Supplies. I'd rather not support AB-Inbev if possible.

Back