Space Between Kegerator and Bar - Flexpipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imburr

Reaction score
I have a bar which is standing bar height, with the underside of the bar being roughly 46 inches off of the floor. My fridge is roughly 38 inches tall, which fits into my opening great. But I have 8 to 10 inches of space between the top of my kegerator and bottom of bar, the top of which will be a beer tower. I know I need to refrigerate the lines, and I could run PVC and a blower to get it cool up there. The problem is that it is rigid, will be difficult to install, and once installed very difficult to modify or move. What can I do to run a line from fridge to countertop which gives me some movement of the fridge and can be modified later on? Some sort of flexible pipe with a screw fitting on one end to screw into the countertop, while the end connected to the fridge is glued in?

i'd look well at the ducting section of your local home improvement store. They make insulated flexible ducting for heat runs, although i doubt you'd want to buy a big box of it for a 10" thing. You could just use PVC, and connect the pvc to whatever you put on the fridge with a PVC flexy (rubber) connection, these are tightened on with hose clamps and should be easy enough to remove if you have to move the fridge.

Any type of flex tube would have to be so long to pull the fridge out you could never keep it cold and you will have warm foamy first pour headaches.I have a 2" gap between my bar top and fridge. I went with PVC wrapped in pipe insulation. I was concerned about moving it when I was first setting it up.The only time I've moved it in 3 years was to go from one tap tower to two. There was surprising little dust on the compressor which was my main concern. If you have a rear breathing fridge make sure there is airflow around the fridge and setup the hole so its off the back wall a few inches so it can breath. You could put casters on the bottom of the fridge that with let cool floor air to circulate to the back and make for easy moving when the time comes

EDIT: with a 10" space you could try stuffing one piece of pvc up the tower,add a screw in coupler in the 10" space, then another piece of pvc screwed into the coupler and going into the fridge. When you want to move the fridge unscrew the bottom section and pull out the fridge. This way the tower and tower screws wouldn't need to be undone...just a thought. Don't use any glue. The pvc for a standard 3" tower is an EXACT tight fit and pipe insulation tight to bar top and fridge will lock it in place. use some silicone on the inside of the fridge to keep it air tight.

I got it rigged up. Used 2" flexible PVC spa pipe. It is attached via a hard adapter at the bottom side, caulked through fridge. The top end is secured with a rubber adapter to give it some leeway. It is not highly flexible, but I can move it 3-4 inches any direction. Once I get my fan going, I'll be wrapping the pipe in foam insulation and calling it a day!

I got it rigged up. Used 2" flexible PVC spa pipe. It is attached via a hard adapter at the bottom side, caulked through fridge. The top end is secured with a rubber adapter to give it some leeway. It is not highly flexible, but I can move it 3-4 inches any direction. Once I get my fan going, I'll be wrapping the pipe in foam insulation and calling it a day!
Cool...Glad it worked out

Latest posts

Back