Going to Eugene, OR in December. What should I check out?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanuswalrus

Reaction score
Hey HBT,

Going to be visiting family in Eugene, OR over New Years and I've never been. Wondering what I should check out. Only bottles I know I want to be able to track down to bring home at this point would be anything from De Garde. I hear great things about them. I know they're in Tillamook but hopefully they send some of their bottles to Eugene. So, anyone here from Eugene? What are some good bottle shops and/or breweries/brewpubs? My uncle's all about Hop Valley so I'm sure I'll be checking that out.. what else should I not miss?

Sorry, should have mentioned I will most likely be Ubering around and not looking to head too far out of Eugene.

Come on HBT, there's gotta be someone out there with a good recommendation for a Eugene, OR bottle shop!

For bottle shops, 16 Tons has better prices on bottles, but Bier Stein has a larger selection. You can also check out Market of Choice supermarkets, they have a large beer selection.
For breweries, check out Falling Sky (owned by the home brew shop which is attached), and Cold Fire, in addition to Ninkasi and Oakshire.

Not from Eugene, but visited there recently. Went to Elk Horn Brewery which had pretty good beers, including an amazing Belgian quad aged in bourbon barrels. Food was pretty great too.

Hit the local Fred Meyer (a NW grocery chain) and just stroll down the beer aisle. You will find plenty of local-ish 22 oz bombers there! :tank:

Oakshire is worth checking out, as is Ninkasi.

I live in Eugene. You should definitely check out the Fermentation District...Oakshire, Ninkasi, wineries, distilleries all within a few bolcks of each other. Cold Fire Brewing is great. Alesong Brewing and Blending may be the best around. There's not too much to see there, but on Thur. from 4-6 PM they're open for bottle sales and you'll be hard pressed to find better beer anywhere. Their "Touch of Brett" just took GABF Gold. In Springfield, Planktown is great especially if you like British beer. For a bottle shop, don't miss the Bier Stein. Multiple taps and thousands of bottles.

Back