Question for all you Inkbird ITC-310T owners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EcuPirate07

Beer is a food group
Reaction score
So I figured this thing out a long time ago. But one thing I haven't done is just run it at a steady temp non stop. I.e. Like a Keezer instead of a fermentation controller. So I had it fermenting a brew, afterwards I unplugged it and let it sit for a month. I turned it back on yesterday to keep a steady temp as another cooler for my overflow beer bottles until I need it again for fermenting.

My question is when I went to set the temp I had the TR=0 because I don't need fermentation controls. But for some reason the cooling side never kicked on in a 24hr period (it sat at 64 with a temp target of 46) Tonight I was playing with it and once I set TR=1 and set a temp for 14 days it kicked right on. Is this normal? Or do you guys run it just fine as a TR=0?

Thanks!

I've only used my 310T for one fermentation so far and only utilized one temperature for that which was set on TR=0 and it worked fine that way.

I hope i dont experience any funkiness after i use a temperature profile.

Back