Help with gas manifold build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yesfan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I recently purchased a top tier setup and am hoping to get the manifold built to complete everything. I bought the parts needed, but am confused on the directions on where to apply the pipe tape.

The directions say to just put tape on the NPT fittings and not the flare fittings. Ok, I get that but what about the NPT part of the brass NPT/flare fittings where the burners' gas lines will connect? Here's a pic of what I'm talking about.

Gas%20Manifold%2001_zpsoxtsaap4.jpg

Thanks for the help.

Yep - tape em.

Just for clarity, the tape should be used on any joints where the threads themselves are creating the seal. You don't use tape on the compression fitting because the seal is being made at the flare end.

You can use yellow Teflon tape, but never use the white for gas. I much prefer the yellow gas pipe dope over tape for gas lines; no tape for me.

Thanks guys. Just wanted to double check. I do have the yellow gas tape.

Just wasn't sure if the threads on the brass fitting would be different. Gonna tape 'em up now.

Back